Logbook Art?

Gen

I am thinking about placing a cache in a park area where a lot of people sit and do art.

I want to request that instead of/in addition to signing the logbook, cachers draw, paint, or somehow make art in it. This would be inconspicuous, since other people are doing the same type of thing. I figure I could put some pencils, crayons and a watercolor set in also.

THE QUESTIONS ARE:

Should the art book be seperate from the logbook?

Is this even feasible?

What kind of cache would it be?

Is there anything else I'm missing here?

-Gen

That's a wonderful idea! Even though I can't even draw a dot, I would so totally visit your cache just for that, if it were in my area.

Depending on your climate, I think water will be your biggest enemy. About 50% of the time around here (Seattle), all paper in the cache is somewhere between damp and soaking, even if it's in a ziplock.

You might want to check and see if they make Rite-in-the-rain sketchbooks, and what type of mediums will work on it... I love the idea of watercolors. ;) If they'd work.

If you don't live around here, I just might steal your idea someday, and make an art-themed cache with sketchbook. :lol:

Luna

Well, I live in the New Orleans area, so water is a problem, but Lunaverse, feel free to steal :D

I might do it as a tb if I can figure out how to keep it protected but still fairly mobile. I'll think about it...

-Gen

There was a series of caches in near here that had you draw a picture for your log. The art book was the log. Later they compiled the art and gave away a bound copy at an Event Cache.

Water can be a problem, I'd give people room to draw. The size of the container needed for the size of your art book is what will tell you where you can hide it at. Plus waterproof is a critial issue.

THE QUESTIONS ARE:

Should the art book be seperate from the logbook?

Is this even feasible?

What kind of cache would it be?

Is there anything else I'm missing here?

-Gen

My 2 cents:

1.) I think that the log book should be the art book. I don't see much reason to seperate them. Just make sure it has enough room.

2.)Sure, why not?

3.) If there are no other twists (such as stages, puzzles, etc.) than it sounds like a traditional to me.

4.) The only other think I would suggest beyond what others have said is to make sure the cache has enough room in it. Some cachers may wish to add other art than sketches in the log book, such as handcrafted sig items.

Sounds like a fun idea, good luck with it!