Muggle On The Phone For You, Sir

travisl

From my cell phone's voice mailbox:

You have 1 saved message.

Saved message.  4:16, today.

"So, Travis, I found your box.  Sandwich wasn't very good.  It's a little old.  Well, I'll talk to you later.  Have a good one."

To replay this message, press 1.  To forward this message, press 2.  To delete this message, press 7.  To call the sender back, press 8.

I pressed 8.

Ring. Ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Travis. You say you found my box?"

"Yeah, I found it this afternoon."

"Which one?"

"The one down by Dumas Bay"

"Are you a geocacher?"

"A what?"

"So you just found it?"

"Yeah."

"So where is it now?" I ask, fearing the worst.

"I left it there." Whew. "What is it?" he asks.

"It's part of a game. It's been there for about a year and a half now. People use a GPS to find it with coordinates they get on the internet. You mentioned a sandwich?"

"Yeah, there were two sandwiches in there. I ate one. It wasn't very good." Ewwww...

"So the other sandwich is still there?"

"Yeah."

"I'll go pick it up tomorrow. People aren't supposed to leave food in there."

"OK. Talk to you later."

"Bye."

(So EraSeek, what are you doing leaving sandwiches in my cache? :lol: )

Wow, that's an interesting story.....I'd be very hesitant to put my phone number in one of my caches, but then again, I'm the type of person that likes to know who has my #. And for someone to actually eat something they found in a box, that just makes my head hurt. I mean, if you really think about it, if you found a tooth brush laying on the ground, would you pick it up and use it?

Well, good thing it's still there....., he could have taken the grub and the box, but guess his five finger discount was only interested in the food.

~D

jeffrey12000 Posted on May 10 2005, 03:25 PM
how did he get your number??????

It's not at all unusual to find a Cache with contact information for the Cache Owner, complete with Phone Number.

Exactly. As another example, because I had my phone number on my I Hate I-5 XXV cache, the bomb squad was able to return it to me.

My phone number is in each of my cache logbooks, so even if the cache gets muggled, maybe someone will find the log book and call me to retrieve it.

Edited by travisl
Someones pulling your leg. Ain't nobody dumb enough to eat something out of a box they found laying around!! :D (... ok so maybe there are a few that dumb)

I used to work with a guy who believed that anything was ok to eat as long as you microwaved it. Of course we also saw him eat a peanut-butter and sardine sandwich....on purpose...and not because he lost a bet. Yecccchhhhhhh.....

Yum! A cheese sandwich on white bread! Wrapped in a plastic 7-11 bag!

The cache was pretty out in the open, so I re-hid it after removing the sandwich this afternoon.

I can't bring myself to throw it away yet. Hmmm... how can I make a TB out of the sandwich without violating the "no food in caches" rule? :rolleyes:

Yum!  A cheese sandwich on white bread!  Wrapped in a plastic 7-11 bag!

The cache was pretty out in the open, so I re-hid it after removing the sandwich this afternoon.

I can't bring myself to throw it away yet.  Hmmm... how can I make a TB out of the sandwich without violating the "no food in caches" rule?  :rolleyes:

Just turn into a TB then it won't be food it will be a TB :rolleyes:

You could have it freeze dried and shrinkwrapped... that would preserve it and make it pretty much odderless... maybe

Pretty much odorless isn't good enough. We recently checked on a cache of ours and inside it had a dog bone sealed in a plastic bag which was then of course sealed inside a plastic watertight container. We found teeth marks all along the lid. Those varmits can smell good.

Just a reminder.