"there Are ** Users Watching This Cache"

Hoppingcrow

I don't think you've understood my question. On the right side of a cache listing there is a phrase stating "x user(s) watching this cache." I'm sure that must refer to people who have bookmarked the cache listing or downloaded the waypoints or something similar. I don't believe it simply refers to the number of people who have looked at the listing, because I've seen listings that showed "0 user(s)" watching, implying that I was not listed as someone who WAS watching it simply because I looked at the listing. I've also seen references to a "watch list" and have no idea what that refers to, either.

They understood. It is the number of people who've added that cahce to their watchlists, for the reasons stated above.

They are not referring to people who have browsed through the page, just those who have tagged it for their watchlist.

A watchlist is a list that each user can create for themselves. Caches can be added to the watchlist, and anytime an action (ie log of any kind) is made on the watched cache, an email is sent to the person who put the cache on their personal watch list.

EDIT: The user who wants to do the watching has to actually click a link to add it to their watchlist.

Edited by New England n00b
I don't think you've understood my question. On the right side of a cache listing there is a phrase stating "x user(s) watching this cache." I'm sure that must refer to people who have bookmarked the cache listing or downloaded the waypoints or something similar. I don't believe it simply refers to the number of people who have looked at the listing, because I've seen listings that showed "0 user(s)" watching, implying that I was not listed as someone who WAS watching it simply because I looked at the listing. I've also seen references to a "watch list" and have no idea what that refers to, either.

:lol: No, YOU didn't understand the answer! If I am *watching* a cache that you find, I will get an email directing me to your log. You can *watch* cache pages, travel bug pages, and forum threads. For instance, I will click on "track this thread" to see other responses here. I will get an email with a link so even if I forget the name of the thread, I won't lose it.

"You meant what *I* said, not what *you* said"

--David Sklansky, Poker Authority

You misread me, it's not how many people have looked at the cache at this moment, it's how many are watching it, which means that when something goes one with it, (found it, didn't find it, etc) and they get an email. It's not the same as bookmarking. If you visit a cache page, and click the "Add to Watchlist" that's what this is.

Hope this makes sense.

Look just above where you read the comment about how many people are watching the cache. See this button? btt6p7g_2.gif

If you press it, that cache will be added to your watchlist and you will get an email copy of every log made on it. The count is, of course, the total number of people who have that cache on their watchlist.

Edited by Stunod