Density Of Caches In Nj Parks

Geoman007

Would anyone happen to know any parks with a high density of caches within them in NJ? I know of a few such as the Sourland Mountain Reservations with about 9 cachecs in each. Also is there a recommended loop to follow to find the caches. Basically, I am wondering which places to go to find the most caches in an outing. I have been caching since 2001 and have not hit 100 yet and I would like to do that by the end of the summer. :mad: North and South Jersey locations are fine. Thanks for your input! ;)

Hilltop Preservation and Garret Mtn in Northern NJ have so many icons on the geocaching map I can't count them - each is easy and you can probably bang out 8-10 caches in each (or both) in one day!

A better hike is Ramapo Reservation about 16 in there, but it is a good hike.

BrianSnat's hiker series will also give you a mit full of smilies.

I know lots of places:

There 8 near Sparta Cliffs and another 4 easy ones just across the street.

There are 11 near Treequest's Dark Rock Cache in Sparta Mountain Reserve area. If you haven't tried a Treequest cache, you have to visit this area as he is very creative and has very cool hides. This area is the site of a number of old Thomas Edison factories foundations. A potential for another 2 quick ones a short drive away.

There are 8-10 along Briansnat's Wildcat Ridge - Hawk Watch. A must do series although a good day hike certainly not a park and grab.

There are currently 8 (soon to be 10 :mad: ) in the Whittingham WMA near Whitt's Cliffs. Very unusual landscape in this area and a lot of neat history. Cave hideouts for British loyalists during the Revolutionary War.

And finally there are 7 in the Hamburg WMA near Briansnat's The Roar. This is some pretty challenging terrain and few geocachers have ventured out to get these. So you could be one of the first.

How's that for a start? ;)

My Hikers Series is 8 caches in about a 7 mile walk. See the recommended route on the cache page. There are also one or two other caches along the route if you take a short detour.

I also have another series of 7 caches that involves about a 5 mile hike. I also have the recommended route on these cache pages.

Both of these are in the Ramapos. There are a bunch of other caches there as well. You can easily spend a day or two there.

The ones TRL mentions are also good. Wildcat Ridge WMA, Sparta Mtn WMA, Whittingham WMA and Hamburg Mtn WMA all have some excellent cache clusters.