Geocaching Movies

Hi there,

I am looking to put together a DVD with MPEGs of Geocaching related stuff. Your first cache movie, most extreme cache, that sort of thing. Ideally not more than a couple of minutes.

I plan to put collect them and put them in Caches (perhaps one or two travel bugs as well I think to keep them moving). All just for fun!

So please, pass any links to MPEGs/WMVs etc and your movie may become world famous!

Thanks

Richard

PS Sorry, English speaking movies only :unsure:

There is a movie about locating a hydrocache in the swamps on Louisiana Geocaching.

It is on the home page. Here is the info:

Geocaching Video Logs...

Posted by alexm on Sunday, 17 October 2004 (15:09:54) CDT (223 reads)

Destined to be the next level in geocache logging, we are proud to present Geocaching Video Logs.

What's that, you might ask? Well.. my wife, Katie, brought her digital video camera along on our latest geocaching adventure to the Bayou Pierre Part hydrocache by Buck8Point and LaAnthropology. Little did I know while she was shooting the video that it would be her lifelong dream to publish it on the internet.

So here it is. Check it out using any of the links below. There's some really nice scenery in there as well as documentary of standard geocaching antics.

340kps for broadband

150Kbps medium quality

38Kbps for dial-up (yuck!)

not sure if this is what you're wanting or not. My cache has a "blair witch" type video you're supposed to watch on the cache web page before hunting for it.

HOLY

SSSSSSSHHHHHH******TTTTT!!!!!!!

It's 2:20AM in the morning, not a light on in the house 'cept the light from the computer monitor. :D

I'm sitting here all engrossed in Part 2 of the video there, when all of the sudden my cat jumps from the table behind me over my shoulder and lands right it front of me on my desk trying to catch some dang little flying bug that was attracted to the light from the monitor.

I think I'll go change now!! :D

not sure if this is what you're wanting or not.  My cache has a "blair witch" type video you're supposed to watch on the cache web page before hunting for it.

HOLY

It's 2:20AM in the morning, not a light on in the house 'cept the light from the computer monitor. :o

I'm sitting here all engrossed in Part 2 of the video there, when all of the sudden my cat jumps from the table behind me over my shoulder and lands right it front of me on my desk trying to catch some dang little flying bug that was attracted to the light from the monitor.

I think I'll go change now!! :antenna:

;) that is hilarious :santa:

hopefully you liked the video.

not sure if this is what you're wanting or not.  My cache has a "blair witch" type video you're supposed to watch on the cache web page before hunting for it.

HOLY

It's 2:20AM in the morning, not a light on in the house 'cept the light from the computer monitor. :)

:D that is hilarious B)

I did. Its 7am...I am up earlier than my alarm to go to work and am looking through the site. I saw a post about movies and just watched part 2. Its still dark and I said to myself "this is going to make it harder to cache alone i know it" then your freak guy pops up and hisses at the camera....dude the cause my heart to skip a beat, i cant stop looking over my shoulder now!

I have a story before I started caching. Wanna hear it? Heres how it goes:

There is a place near me called "BeaverDam Creek Resevior" and I just moved to the dam area (not dadgum area) and wanted to find some good ways to the water. There is fast short street to the lake with parking next to a church. Farther down the road there is another road down to the water that i found via map.

I drive down the main road until I find it. Drive down that road to find 1 dirty van and a gate. The road is blocked off. I get out to walk down the old, gravely, dirty, weed over grown road. Nobody is around and the van is empty. The path I walked is the old road and its about 15ft wide. After I get so far I cant see my car, I cant see anyone, and I cant see the water. I start to get weirded out but I trek on. As I walk, I see just off the edge of the old abandoned road a hole dug. Its off in the trees about another 15 feet off the path/road. The hole, 4ft wide by about 6ft tall. Only 3 feet deep, its not a clean squared off hole but its still weird. The dirt is piled up next to it. Its not fresh either. But thats enough for me to start thinking way to much. I stop, listen for anyone that might be hiking, walking, talking and hear nothing.

I look farther down the road and think "should I keep going? Hmm this is kind of weird" I decide to pass, I turn around and start walking back like nothing happened. Afterall if I was being watched, I sure as hell did not want them to think I saw something. You know. Act like you dont know anything :)

I get to the point where I can see my car and know I am almost feeling safe. I get my keys out, get my car key ready, and bolt! I run for my car, creeping myself out more...get there and the van is gone. WTF there are no other trails around there. Where did they go and come from and how did I not see them.

I don't care, I took off and did not go back. I still want to go to the end of that road, but maybe I will wait and do it with a dirt bike B)

LOL - I scared myself. Wonder what that hole was for???

HOLY

It's 2:20AM in the morning, not a light on in the house 'cept the light from the computer monitor. :)

B) that is hilarious :D

I did. Its 7am...I am up earlier than my alarm to go to work and am looking through the site. I saw a post about movies and just watched part 2. Its still dark and I said to myself "this is going to make it harder to cache alone i know it" then your freak guy pops up and hisses at the camera....dude the cause my heart to skip a beat, i cant stop looking over my shoulder now!

I have a story before I started caching. Wanna hear it? Heres how it goes:

There is a place near me called "BeaverDam Creek Resevior" and I just moved to the dam area (not dadgum area) and wanted to find some good ways to the water. There is fast short street to the lake with parking next to a church. Farther down the road there is another road down to the water that i found via map.

I drive down the main road until I find it. Drive down that road to find 1 dirty van and a gate. The road is blocked off. I get out to walk down the old, gravely, dirty, weed over grown road. Nobody is around and the van is empty. The path I walked is the old road and its about 15ft wide. After I get so far I cant see my car, I cant see anyone, and I cant see the water. I start to get weirded out but I trek on. As I walk, I see just off the edge of the old abandoned road a hole dug. Its off in the trees about another 15 feet off the path/road. The hole, 4ft wide by about 6ft tall. Only 3 feet deep, its not a clean squared off hole but its still weird. The dirt is piled up next to it. Its not fresh either. But thats enough for me to start thinking way to much. I stop, listen for anyone that might be hiking, walking, talking and hear nothing.

I look farther down the road and think "should I keep going? Hmm this is kind of weird" I decide to pass, I turn around and start walking back like nothing happened. Afterall if I was being watched, I sure as hell did not want them to think I saw something. You know. Act like you dont know anything B)

I get to the point where I can see my car and know I am almost feeling safe. I get my keys out, get my car key ready, and bolt! I run for my car, creeping myself out more...get there and the van is gone. WTF there are no other trails around there. Where did they go and come from and how did I not see them.

I don't care, I took off and did not go back. I still want to go to the end of that road, but maybe I will wait and do it with a dirt bike B)

LOL - I scared myself. Wonder what that hole was for???

:) excellent story! I love the way you told it too! Man that woulda FREAKED me out! I know that feeling where you're heading back to safety and you go kinda numb and then, BAM, you run like there's no tommorow. That's happened to me more than I'd like to admit.