Geocaches On Nebraska State Parks

Reffek

The state park guidelines have been in effect for over a year. It is "legal" IF you get a permit for State Parks and recreation areas. Wildlife Management Areas do not require a permit.

The LPSNRD also requires a permit, and the Papio NRD soon will require a permit.

Wildlife Managent Areas can be great for caches. Besides the not needing a permit, I like them because there are many that people have never been to. Of course they can have issues in hunting season (people should wear orange etc). Also some close for various seasons. I have a cache at East Twin that has to be disabled for two months each year and would like to put one in a part of Burchard that would also require that.

The LSPNRD has some neat areas too. Their permits can be obtained online and I got mine quickly.

Here is the link to their policy if you hadn't come across it already or for anyone who is interested.

Do you need a permit for Nebraska State Historical Sites/Markers?

Not for the roadside markers and such. There are quite a few of those with caches.

Historical Areas managed by the Game and Parks Commission are completely off limits, but I assume you were just asking about the small marked sites and such, which are fine for caches without a permit.