Geocaching Soundtrack

I listen to a wide variety of music, but here's what I'm into right now. I have a 60GB MP3 player in my car. My head unit died months ago and the only thing I miss is AM radio (talk radio).

Type-O Negative - October Rust

Danzig - Danzig

Halford - Insurrection Live

Leaves' Eyes - Lovelorn

Nightwish - (all)

Epica - (all)

Dokken - (all)

Pantera - (all)

Lamb of God - (all)

Shadows Fall - (all)

Cradle of Filth - (all)

Six Feet Under - (all)

Some 70's

80's (I have a full collection)

Some various 90's

Edited by Freth

The music I listen to is all over the place, but what is currently in the CD player is "Levelling the Land" by The Levellers - a great album for geocaching.

One Way

Liberty Song

Far From Home

The Game

The Road

The Riverflow

And for South Carolina Cachers "The Battle of the Beanfield"

"No, no, no - Can't you see?

There's nothing here that you can call free.

They're getting their kicks; They're laughing at you and me"

(its a very angry anti-government song - though that pretty much sums up all their music)

What is this, most obscure band wins?

OK, I lose. I switch between country and Christian rock. No Japanese fusion trance metal celtic jazz social punk acid for me--I know, boring!

Maybe I'm getting old (35 father of 2). I need some of what clearpath and Bsnat is smoking. Or maybe co-ords to the fountain of youth...

What is this, most obscure band wins?

OK, I lose. I switch between country and Christian rock. No Japanese fusion trance metal celtic jazz social punk acid for me--I know, boring!

Maybe I'm getting old (35 father of 2). I need some of what clearpath and Bsnat is smoking. Or maybe co-ords to the fountain of youth...

Not smoking anything (at least not in the last 15 years :blink: ) Hey, Pedro the Lion is Christian rock.

I listen pre caching and post caching. Like nature sounds while caching. My MP3 has an assortment- mostly old-

Jimmy Buffet- listening to him for 32 years(before we knew what a Parrothead was)

Michael Nesmith- yes, the guy from the Monkees( his post Monkee days)

Emmylou harris

Jerry Jeff Walker

Guy Clark

Linda Ronstadt(pre-1980)

Waylon Jennings

Bob Wills

bagpipe (mostly military)

Meatloaf

plus whatever else tickles my ear :mad:

We're planning a caching/hiking excursion to Southern Illinois next weekend. I've been ordered to bring the Buffett. Something about gumbo. :mad:

Other than that, I usually have some Skynyrd, BTO, and Who loaded in the Palm. I also find myself listening to Jazz Standards a lot on Sirius.

Oh...and RelientK...gotta have my RelientK.

Bret

ALL Blacks "Hakka"

Treorchy Male Voice Choir "Men of Harlech"

Andrea Bocelli

Aled Jones

Meat Loaf

Roy Orbison "Pretty Woman"

I have 4 versions of Men of Harlech on my MP3, one is the ending of Zulu as Richard Burton reads the VC (Victoria Cross) roll from the Battle of Rorkes Drift

Edited by Savoy 6

Pedro the Lion is Christian rock.

What make "rock" "Christian rock?"

They sing about Jesus instead of sex and drugs and rock n roll. Which makes me ask, why are there so many rock n roll songs about rock n roll anyways? Do jazz artists write songs about jazz? Did Mozart write pieces about classsical music? Which leads to another question, did they call it classical music back then, or was it just music?

OK, I'd better stop before this gets moved to OT.

They sing about Jesus instead of sex and drugs and rock n roll. Which makes me ask, why are there so many rock n roll songs about rock n roll anyways? Do jazz artists write songs about jazz? Did Mozart write pieces about classsical music? Which leads to another question, did they call it classical music back then, or was it just music?

Grin.

classical music cannot be expressed in this sense because it has no lyrics. Mozart didn't right about anything. Jazz is mostly without lyrics as well. He wrote music for the benefit of music. When Chuck Berry sings rock n roll music I'm not thinking, "I'm listening to music about music...weird.." I'm telling myself, "man, this guy has got a good beat and feel." People write about what they like and know....musicians know rock n roll so.... :o

ALL Blacks "Hakka"

Treorchy Male Voice Choir "Men of Harlech"

Andrea Bocelli

Aled Jones

Meat Loaf

Roy Orbison "Pretty Woman"

I saw and heard Andrea Bocelli on American Idiol the other night ... WOW!!! That dude can sing, he was so much better than anyone else, it was like he transported you to another dimension. It was as if his voice was a product of his cardiovascular system ... straight from the heart.

How about this, I went to the audiologist and ear doctor the other day and I know now I am going deaf due to hearing damage from my headphones. I presently, and will now forever, listen to my music at levels to enjoy & not destroy, as I cache with my Walkman. Just thought I would pass that on to thers here.

:lol: Referring to some of my more recent extended caching adventures...Pink Floyd's 'Learning to Fly' and 'Comfortably Numb' would apply! :laughing:

:lol: However, I have had a few incidents where Rianna's S.O.S. would been appropriate...namely when I found myself lost in the middle of a HUGE forest preserve at nightfall...or when I get too into bushwacking, and end up trapping myself! :ph34r:

Since I am a complete geek, and I am in the process of learning Japanese, I have probably the most obscure ipod mix possible:

80's pop (Complete 80's geek)

90's pop

a few recent songs

tons of Japanese rock (Beautiful Green, L'arc en Ciel)

" " Japanese Rap (Dragon Ash, Rip Slyme)

" " Japanese Pop (Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Yui Horie, Aiko, Morning Musume)

Some Korean music that I liked the way it sounded

a little rap (nothing gangsta)

a few strange podcasts

some Classical (Anvil Chorus cranked to 11 for the win)

Lets just say, that when I hit random play... no telling what is next.

Well here's an ancient thread that was totally forgotten. And why? It's an interesting thread, or maybe people stopped listening to music while geocaching about a decade ago? Perhaps that is when powertrails were invented and folks no longer were in their vehicles long enough to appreciate some tunes :ph34r:? Regardless, I found this thread while searching for geocaching related songs, and Briansnat's post #10 particularly caught my eye. Turns out he and I shared a lot of the same musical tastes back then. Anyways, I am still thinking of putting together a geocaching related music CD to leave as SWAG as a kind of signature item, but in the meantime I thought I'd resurrect this gem of a thread.

One of my vehicles only has a radio and tape-deck, and the tapes I had are all long disappeared, so in that car I listen mostly to NPR. It's either that or mariachi music down here on the Mexican border :lol: .

The other car is stacked with mp3 cds. And the most recent additions to that are

El Ten Eleven - El Ten Eleven

Alt-J - A perfect Wave

Heartless Bastards - Stairs and Elevators

Bombadil - Metrics of affection

The National - Boxer

JEFF the brotherhood - Hypnotic Nights

The Mountain Goats - Tallahassee

Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

Dr. Dog - Be the void

The helio sequence - Keep your eyes ahead

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Seu Jorge - The life aquatic studio sessions

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Bossanova - Hey, Sugar

Not all of that is real new music, but newer than 2006-2007. I for one, would enjoy some renewed interest in people sharing what they listen to while on the road to geocache adventure. Bring it!