First time download........

kathy88

Ok, so I downloaded from geocache.com the first cache we want to search for and it downloaded LOTS of waypoints. So now when I hit route I get so many icons that I can't see anything but them!

Are you supposed to delete a lot of them from EasyGPS before downloading to the GPS so the screen won't be so cluttered?

I just don't see that we'd want ALL those points in our GPS, especially when we are familiar with the vicinity of the cache.

I'm just not sure the proper process to take in this.

I hope the first time is the hardest!

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Kathy in WV

[This message was edited by kathy88 on August 04, 2002 at 07:38 AM.]

By any chance did you check the box for downloading nearest place names also? It is found right below the download box at the top of the cache page. That box is EVIL! It filled my GPS up the first time I clicked it.

Si quando audius mihi infremus, tum videlicet quoque tardus

I am thinking perhaps you need to zoom in closer? I am using 450 or so of my maximum 500 waypoints on Etrex, mostly within 50 miles of my house and as long as I am not zoomed way out they do not clutter the screen. If I am zoomed way in there is usually just one or 2 on the screen at once.

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.

After clearing the memory on my GPS and starting over I figured that I'm so used to having to check a box for everything I checked that one.......and it's so close to the "download" line, too.

The second time I got only one waypoint.

Thanks for all the quick responses. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by wolf&mist:

By any chance did you check the box for downloading nearest place names also? It is found right below the download box at the top of the cache page. That box is EVIL! It filled my GPS up the first time I clicked it.

Si quando audius mihi infremus, tum videlicet quoque tardus

Kathy in WV