Trouble Connecting 60cs

I am frustrated with my new 60cs. As much as I love the unit, I can't get it to connect to my PC. It did the first could of times, now it can't connect to the PC. I have tried it on an older Dell laptop (2 years old), a new Fujitsu, and 2 different XP desktops. It is not recognized. When I spoke to Garmin about it two different times, they state it must be incompatible with my computers. This is crazy! A $500 unit should not be having this problem. I use City Select maps with mine and was able to upload some maps 2 weeks ago, now it won't work on anything. Have others run into this? I have ruled out USB cord failure, USB port failure, etc.

Have others had similar problems? How did you go about fixing the issue?

Lotus72

Three things I know of will cause this.

First make sure you have the newest USB drivers uploaded from Garmin.

Second is that a palm device or other device is using the USB port and has it locked.

Third and most likely is that the unit is bad. If you can find another cacher who has a 60CS try it on their computer or try theirs on you computer.

Thanks for the ideas! I did download the update for the unit, but I could not install it as it could not communicate. I suspect the unit is defective and might try to return it. I just wanted to find out if I was missing the obvious or what others had already figured out!

Thanks,

Lotus72