"if I'm Not Geocaching, I'm __________."

Yes, alas, working, or doing chores around the house. Who needs a hobby when you own a house? So far this month we have fixed our gas distribution valve-center, fixed several small water leaks on some outdoor piping, replaced other items and oh, heck, it gets nauseating. Darned house! :)

OR volunteering in the community, reading, watching Civil War DVD's (movies or otherwise), taking my youngest dog to agility classes :D (slow down, pup!)

Recently my one of my geo-buddies and I have set out a cache in every township in the county. (That had me dreaming about cache placements for a while) :)

R:

Working (IT Engineer and all-around computer geek), performing magic (part-time professional), singing in the church choir, volunteering in the church nursery, playing/composing music, crossword puzzles, walking, cooking, and doing chores/yard work/home repairs/etc. (the joys of home ownership!)

L:

Working (Marriage & Family Counselor and Addiction Counselor -- hey, maybe she can help some of you guys!), singing in the church choir, volunteering in the church nursery, reading, walking, cross-stitch, cooking, doing chores.

Dang, we're busy!

(besides working, and doing things to keep my life going) reading geocaching forum posts, looking for things to use as swag, or crocheting things to use as swag, or helping to put together a local caching event, like this weekend's campout (Welcome Summer NMG Geocamping Weekend - GCP1AR). And yes, my avatar was made on a picture of a doiley I crocheted, my own design, btw. :P

Edited by CrafterCat

I spend a lot of my time shooting. Before my accident, I was a master class IPSC shooter (combat competition) and really miss that. I build long range accurate rifles and really enjoy shooting machine guns and hand guns.

Also love to fly fish and explore the beautiful world that God gave us for our sport and general happiness.

Hate to start with the obvious, but I do spend the majority of my life at work (luckily, I like my job). And, of course, I'm seriously addicted to the OT forum. Other stuff would be writing (poetry and short-short fic), various arts/crafts (mosaics, currently, but lots of other stuff too) and watching TV (yes, dagnabit, I love TV!).

It's what many of us use to provide money to help support our Geocaching habit. More difficult than buying a lottery ticket, but much more likely to offer a return on the investment.

How does one go about getting some of this work stuff ?

Is it easy to come by ?

Does one have to pay for it ?

------------------------------

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader.

How does one go about getting some of this work stuff ?

A good start is putting together a resume (REZ-oo-may). This is a document with a list of things you've done before. Be creative! Many employers won't find out what isn't true until it's far too late.

Is it easy to come by ?

This is largely dependent on how well you succeed at that resume, and whether you can "sell" it during an interview. A good tip to remember is, never answer answer a question directly; the more you talk, the more you demonstrate your knowledge of vocabulary.

Does one have to pay for it ?

Well, when you're working, you aren't geocaching so...yes.

edit: Er...y'all know I'm joking, right? So hard to be sure these days...

Edited by jayemgee