Alaska Geocoins Available

Ladybug Kids

I received a confirming phone call from the mint that the coin production of the Alaska Geocoin should be done by June 23 or 24 :yikes:.

Since I'm co-hosting the 1st Annual Summer Solstice Midnight Caching Event scheduled for June 25 and 26 north of the Arctic Circle, coin distribution won't begin until the following week. If the coins are ready on June 23 and Fearless5 can get down to Anchorage and back on that date, we'll have some coins to distribute at the Event Cache and to place in the new caches. Will aim to get a Cache Event/Envelop stuffing party scheduled for the week of June 27 so people don't have to wait much longer for the coins. The bottom line is that folks should begin seeing Alaska geocoins show up in their mail boxes the week of July 4 :P!!!

There are several brass and silver coins that haven't been paid for by cachers who expressed interest earlier. Repeated attempts to contact the cachers through their cacher accounts and using the original e-mail address they provided have been unsuccessful. I'm going to take Sissy's lead for the South African Coins and accept new orders to for those coins. Please e-mail me if interested in increasing your already paid order or if you missed the original sales opportunity and want to place a new order.

Thanks everyone for supporting this project and for your patience!

Just placed my order for 1 of each. Hope I got the prices right, the odering information page mentioned using a paypal table to compute the prices, but the only tables I can see are the ones that show what everyone has ordered. So I just copied the price from someone else that ordered the same. :yikes:

The silver coins will be complete on Friday, July 1, and the brass coins will be complete on Thursday, July 7. Packaging and shipping will commence immediately upon receipt of both flavors of the coins, so watch for the coins the week of July 11.

Sorry about the continued schedule slips...I want the coins in my hands as or more badly than the rest of you do.

I'm closing this thread to eliminate continued further parallel posts. Updates will continue to be posted in the Alaska Geocoin Ordering Information, Design, Price, Schedule, Shipping thread and on the web at the 2005 ALASKA GEOCOIN webpage.