Boiundary Waters

thcri

I have some friends that want to use my GPS while visiting the Boundary Waters in Northern Minnesota. Does anyone have any waypoints/points of interest that I could pre-load in my GPS for them? I have a Garmin GPSMap60CS. If anyone is interested in sharing please send them to me via email to "thcri@qwest.net".

Thank you in advance.

murph

Where are they going? There are 3 different BWCAW areas and hundreds of entry points. The routes they are considering would help narrow it down.

There are scenic falls, ancient pictographs, some interesting portages, depends on what they are looking for. There are a number of websites on the BWCAW you can visit that list landmarks - one can then use terra server to get approximate coordinates. They will want a good map or maps for the routes they are planning on anyway. These will have updated camping sites and portage routes and most have the interesting landmarks listed as well.

There are also a few virtual caches in the bwcaw! i haven't searched them out yet but I am sure they are still there.I also am aware of a few spots that would be interesting. Scenic spots, waterfalls and of course one of the great uses for gps...hot fishing spots. Sory to say I do not yet have co-ords for these yet .