Tube Torcher Attempt

Snoogans

OK. So I want to do Tube Torcher after I attend GWIII in Jacksonville. I'm lookin' for a partner to do the climbing parts and I'd like to get some email from a few veterans.

I would be totally bummed to drive all the way from Houston for this cache and not be prepared, or worse, DNF......

Help

Sn B)B) gans

OK. So I want to do Tube Torcher after I attend GWIII in Jacksonville. I'm lookin' for a partner to do the climbing parts and I'd like to get some email from a few veterans.

I would be totally bummed to drive all the way from Houston for this cache and not be prepared, or worse, DNF......

Help

Sn B)  B) gans

Ooooooh, Sn B)B) gy... Sn :wub::mad: g... Sn :DB) gums...

What's the date you're going to do this'n, becauseI might could be talked into being your climbing buddy. Be prepared to give up some secrets if you take me on.

edited for early retardation

-=-

michelle

Edited by CurmudgeonlyGal

I've got one for you....... ;) How about having one of the "insane in the brain" originators come along for the ride??? I have never(but always wanted to)tag along when someone from out-of-state tries this one!!! If you attempt it on a friday, or saturday, I'm game!!! Let me know!!! :blink: Thanks!!! IndianaLee :unsure:

PS- This would eliminate the DNF!!!

Edited by indianalee

The attempt would most probably be on Memorial Day, May 30th. That gives me a day to get up there from Jacksonville and just over 48 hours to get back to Houston afterward. :rolleyes:

A mass assault (5-10 or more) would be cool. I CAN'T do any climbing with a rope, but I'll do as much of the rest as possible. :rolleyes:

way things are going in SC with the bill people in NC might need to start keeping an eye on everything or this cache might end up on a hot list also.

UUUHHHH........ :lol: What exactly do you mean by this statement??? Is there something that I missed??? :lol: Is this suppost to worry me??? :lol: I hope it is nothing bad!!! Indianalee :D

well, i'll be in savannah and atlanta on the 29th and birmingham on the 30th - i could possibly get there in the early afternoon on the 31st if you could make it happen on the 31st - otherwise, i'm out! =(

jenn

Sorry, I must be well on my way home that day.

A mass assault (5-10 or more) would be cool. I CAN'T do any climbing with a rope, but I'll do as much of the rest as possible. B)

My advice on this point would be to keep the party as small as possible as to not draw any unnecessary attention to yourself as some stages are in high traffic areas and a large group would definitely attract attention. Don't want to jeopardize the continuance of this cache for future seekers.

Ok I am going to be in the area on June 1st if my sister and her friends end up getting tickets to some concerts. I might not be able to grab this cache if people are going to do it before the 1st (most of them will be coming back from GW3) and I am staying over through Monday in Fl. Besides this cache what other caches might be good, fun, quick-n-easy cause my mom might tag along if I do not do TT

Hey gh28, here are 2 that I would recommend, and they are by the same person that helped create Tube Torcher. They really aren't quick finds, but worth it if you have the time.

Cube Torcher

This is a fun cache to do, especially since I know you enjoy puzzles. It's not physically challenging, but it's definitely a mental challenge.

Here is another fun one, but I really recommend that you get a local NC atlas, otherwise it will be difficult to find the correct roads to the area. Once you get to the parking area, it's only a 15-20 min hike. The view of the city is excellent - much better than what we saw in Charlotte :huh:

Troglodytic Visitation

if for SOME bizarre reason someone is looking to attempt this one on friday the 20th of may, please drop me a line - it turns out i will be in the area (heading back home after a friends wedding in S.C.) - not sure i would attempt this one solo (and i won't have much of the equipment needed on me) - but if someone else is looking to go for it, and has whatever is needed - gimmie a shout -

'neko

You should think about combining Tube Torcher with High Water! on the same day. Two 5/5s are better then one!! The two starting coordinates are only a few miles apart.

Hey, that's the Nuwati Challenge, not the Ozguff Dare! :D

And as my good friend fishingfools has already pointed out-been there, done that. :D

Team hikerman is also correct in pointing out that a mass assault will most certainly attract unwanted attention, and possibly prevent completion of either cache. One carload is best, but two using FRS would work as well. Any more than that is a baaad idea. :D

I'd love to go back and do it again, but cannot.

Snoogans-we'll talk about this in JAX. :D

Hi all... :laughing: One thing... If anyone at anytime would like to attempt TubeTorcher, and have no one to go with, just give me a shout and I'll be glad to go!!! This also gives me the chance to go thru and make sure things are still legible!!! :o I am usually off on fridays, saturdays, and sundays...... Just email me and we'll head out!!! Thanks...... IndianaLee :o

The stages we've made it thru thus far have been great. If the weather would cooperate and we could get the time set up we hope to finish this one up and also do High Water. I'm sure the last stage isn't going to be a let down on TT. This has to be the most well thought out cache I've ever made a run at. You won't be disappointed in it.