I'm In!!!!

kstate

Just ordered my Garmin eTrex Legend with a case from Amazon. Cost was $138 (I applied for an Amazon Visa Card).

I'm looking forward to my first find with an actual GPS.

I'm sure that I will have lots of questions once I get this thing in my hot little hands. :ph34r:

Brace yourself for the addiction! If you are intrigued enough to purchase the GPS, you will fall head over heals for this aversion! Do yourself a favor, get your family involved if you possibly can. My Grand-Daughter is as hooked as her 'PaPa' and we have the most fun together. Nothing better for a bonding experience than when Grandma and Grandpa and 6-year-old go geocaching. We usually have to take a lunch and we ALWAYS have to go for a walk, whether the cache is 100 feet away or a mile away! Welcome! B)

Edited by Rubiconlwb

I too just joined in the fun. Bought a Legend with Map Source, cig adapter, pc cable for $184, didn't think it was too bad of a deal. I am trying to get my family to join me on my latest obsession as my dear wife says. Have found one cache already w/o the unit, but have been looking for more. Is there a way to get your accuracy closer that 20-25 feet. I am lucky to get that. Usually is at 32 feet. Clear sky overhead, WAAS enabled. Any suggestions welcome. Looking forward to be an active member here! :)

I too just joined in the fun. Bought a Legend with Map Source, cig adapter, pc cable for $184, didn't think it was too bad of a deal. I am trying to get my family to join me on my latest obsession as my dear wife says. Have found one cache already w/o the unit, but have been looking for more. Is there a way to get your accuracy closer that 20-25 feet. I am lucky to get that. Usually is at 32 feet. Clear sky overhead, WAAS enabled. Any suggestions welcome. Looking forward to be an active member here! :)

:D Shut off Waas. The northern states like Wisc don't get good Wass satellite reception. It just slows down the satellite locks. At least that's what I found here in NY.

Also, if you're under any foliage, the EPE error will be worse. If you set your GPS down on a stump, and just let it settle, you should find closere EPE' than 32 but probably not less than 12-20 feet ON A CLEAR SKY WITH NO FOLIAGE.

Good luck.