How Long Does It Take Around Here?

joefrog

So, how long does it take to get a cache approved up here? I've got three out there, two of which were hidden and submitted two days ago. Being new to the area, I'm curious! I suppose I was spoiled by Mtn-Man and erik88l-r down south, most caches I submitted were approved by them in less than a day!

:ph34r:

Just be patient. I know it's not what you want to hear, but our admin appears to be very busy. (or at least they did when I was waiting for my cache approvals) Having Briansnat in the area doesn't really help their work load I guess. :ph34r:

I think my last cache took about three days after NJADMIN contacted me and had me switch it around a little. Someone else had a cache in the queue that was approved while mine was pending and it made mine a violation of the .1 mile rule.

Typically, the caches get approved pretty quickly. Not sure what's up right now but I'm sure the delays are temporary.

Are you on the Gold or Platinum payola plan. I just upgraded to the Platinum and my approvals have been going through about twice as fast now. I even hid an ammo can on a R.R. that got approved with no questions asked. I had to pay extra for that though.

My experience has been anywhere between two minutes and two weeks. Under 48 hours is the norm though.

When you say my experience, is that with getting them approved or placing them?

:ph34r::ph34r::huh:

Mine usually take a week, then I have to go back and change something then it takes a day or two.

Just checked the queue for some of the Northeast States. Looks like New York Admin got caught up just before Joefrog submitted his caches on the 4th. New Jersey's all caught up. Here in PA, I'm delaying the start of my planned caching day because I postponed the reviews on a few too many multicaches, which take longer.

The goal we aim for is to have the initial review done within 72 hours. The majority of my reviews get done faster. But the 72 hour guideline allows for a quick business trip, a geocaching event, a kid's dance recital or other real world happening to squeeze its way into the schedule. I am sure that the other five reviewers for the Northeast region join me in thanking you all for your patience and cooperation.

EDIT: Errrr... make that "the other six reviewers." I am sure the Virginia reviewer loves you all too. I keep forgetting it's part of the Northeast.

Edited by Keystone Approver

OK, a few things...

The reviewers for GC.com are volunteers. They do a great job. Although I've had my run-in's I would commend the efforts of this group of individuals. They have a difficult task of balancing the wants of Cachers with the court of public opinion.

If a cache takes 3-4 days to get approved what's the big deal? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, this activity is a nice distraction but not worth getting bent out of shape over, is it?

I usually read these threads about cache approval times and don't comment too much but let's cut these folks some slack, huh? If I were a volunteer approver you would be waiting 2 weeks to get a cache approved and I would not be apologizing. This is not the primary focus of any of our lives... except, perhaps, Stayfloopy.

Thank you. My name is Team Bam Bam and I approve this post.

Team Bam Bam is correct in his assessment, I not being very experienced in placements, have found that delay was caused by something I had done, mistake in submission, clicking the wrong button. Keystone approver has been most helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

The reviewers for GC.com are volunteers. They do a great job.

If a cache takes 3-4 days to get approved what's the big deal?

Okay, a few things from me, then.

I admit, I am new to THIS area, but not new to hiding or to the game. I know they are volunteers. What it boils down to is that I was spoiled by my caches being approved VERY quickly, usually in 24 hours or less (sometimes less than an hour), by the approvers back home.

I wasn't flaming anyone, just asking a question. :)

And my reply was not directed at Joefrog, either. This thread is just one of probably dozens that have touched on the 'What's taking so long?' theme. Mine was a generalized response to these collective threads. Sorry if it appeared directed at one person.