Pq - Not Running

mrking

My Thursday (5/5) one ran. Receieved it at 6PM!?

But something strange happened... I recieved another PQ early Thurs morning.. of my found caches. Thing is. I don't remember requesting one, and it WASN'T on my little crossed-out-deleted-caches-in-last-24-hours list. Unless it disappeared before I got it.. Nonetheless, I don't remember requesting a found PQ (I never needed one before) but it WAS my found caches..

weird, eh?

Edited by Marcie/Eric

I went out of town and have been trying for 2 days now to get a PQ for this area unsuccessfully B) and I am on a library PC to do this and tried again. Is the PQ down? It's strange I got another one of my PQ's that I had deleted awhile back and the ones I keep running say that they are being sent but I am not getting them? I keep trying different ways and email addresses but it's not working. B) Hope they get this fixed soon! Too late for me today, guess I will head home and catch them in that area.

One of the two I have set to run today shows that it has run, but I haven't received it. B) The other one hasn't run yet . . .

I've never had a problem receiving them before at my Yahoo! address and they don't go into the "Bulk" mail folder.

Sometime this morning, one of the processes running on our mail server got stuck and was consuming all of the resources of the server. As a result, mail delivery slowed to a trickle and a sizeable backlog of mail developed. I've killed the stuck process and mail seems to be flowing normally again.

It'll probably take about an hour to process the backlog of mail. If after an hour you still haven't received your queries, let me know and I'll look into it further.

B) Elias

Sometime this morning, one of the processes running on our mail server got stuck and was consuming all of the resources of the server.  As a result, mail delivery slowed to a trickle and a sizeable backlog of mail developed.  I've killed the stuck process and mail seems to be flowing normally again. 

It'll probably take about an hour to process the backlog of mail.  If after an hour you still haven't received your queries, let me know and I'll look into it further.

B) Elias

Thank you I have gotten two of the three I ran today. All three are the same so i'm good to go.

Edit. I got all three

Edited by Craig333
Sometime this morning, one of the processes running on our mail server got stuck and was consuming all of the resources of the server.  As a result, mail delivery slowed to a trickle and a sizeable backlog of mail developed.  I've killed the stuck process and mail seems to be flowing normally again. 

It'll probably take about an hour to process the backlog of mail.  If after an hour you still haven't received your queries, let me know and I'll look into it further.

:D Elias

Finally got mine, but I was back home by then. So I couldn't go caching in Ocala. :D Oh well, came back down interstate 75 and hit a couple along the way. :D Next time I will try and get my PQ's sooner. :)

I ran two one-off PQ's this morning, and have another regularly scheduled one that should have arrived today. They all show as sent on the PQ page. As of now, 11:00 PM, I have not received any of these. Kind of put a damper on some of my caching plans today.

Of the 5 queries you requested today, only the first one which was generated and mailed to you was delivered to your ISP around 6:40 this morning Pacific time. The other 4 were generated around 12:50 pm and are still in queue on our mail server as your ISP's mail server has been timing out and refusing to accept connections from our server.

You are not the only one affected by this problem. It appears this is happening to all geocachers who use your ISP. I can't tell exactly when this started, but I can say its been happening for the last week and appears to be getting worse in the last few days. Small emails that would normally get delivered in a second or two take several minutes to deliver; and larger emails like PQs seem to require multiple attempts over many hours before they get though.

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be a Groundspeak issue so there's not much I can do about it. I'll try to send you an email with the log entries so you can follow up with your ISP on this issue (hopefully it'll be small enough to get through).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you track down this issue.

:) Elias

You are not the only one affected by this problem. It appears this is happening to all geocachers who use your ISP. I can't tell exactly when this started, but I can say its been happening for the last week and appears to be getting worse in the last few days. Small emails that would normally get delivered in a second or two take several minutes to deliver; and larger emails like PQs seem to require multiple attempts over many hours before they get though.

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be a Groundspeak issue so there's not much I can do about it. I'll try to send you an email with the log entries so you can follow up with your ISP on this issue (hopefully it'll be small enough to get through).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you track down this issue.

:) Elias

Thanks, I forwarded your error logs to my ISP's email administrator. Hopefully they'll be able to help clear this up. I appreciate your quick response and email, it's always nice to see such good service.

I've also noticed an issue with PQs. It seems they're always a day behind now. For instance, on Thursday I activated one for Friday and one for Saturday, meanwhile I didn't get the one for Friday till 8:03pm (quite late to start geocaching!) and I didn't get the one on Saturday till almost noon. A week or so ago I would always get my PQs (that aren't set to run) within 5mins if I activated for the day on question. Just activate, 5mins later I'd get the email and deactivate the query until next time I needed it. Dunno what's going on, probably just an overloaded server, eh?

My Saturday and Sunday PQ's also show as having completed at GC.com but as of 2230 CST Sunday evening I have received none of them in email.

Not a prob at this point - just reporting info for admins.

I rerun tomorrow and Tues when things less busy if they don't show overnite.

You are not the only one affected by this problem. It appears this is happening to all geocachers who use your ISP.

0900 Monday AM and I still have not received any weekend PQ's. I have 9 PQ's that show as run at GC.com but have received none of them.

What ISP seems to have the problem? My GC mail come thru Ameritech now.

Thanks

My Saturday and Sunday PQ's also show as having completed at GC.com but as of 2230 CST Sunday evening I have received none of them in email.

Looks like all of your queries were delivered to your ISP's mail server this weekend. I'll send you a PM with the log entries so you can follow up with your ISP on this issue.

:unsure: Elias

Monday 9:45am, I am now up to 10 missing PQs

Myway.com is bouncing our PQ emails to you because they don't like the way the attachment is named. The message erroneously indicates that the attachments have an extension but no filename. I'll send you the log entries showing the bounce and the message so you can follow up with them on this issue.

:unsure: Elias

Monday 9:45am, I am now up to 10 missing PQs

Myway.com is bouncing our PQ emails to you because they don't like the way the attachment is named. The message erroneously indicates that the attachments have an extension but no filename. I'll send you the log entries showing the bounce and the message so you can follow up with them on this issue.

:mad: Elias

Thanks for the feed back re Myway.com

I have y GC mail going to my earthlink account for now, intill I get the problems with myway worked out. I will keep an eye out for the log enteries and forward them to myway.

Edited by JohnnyVegas
I will keep an eye out for the log enteries and forward them to myway.

I sent them earlier via the forums' private messaging system. If you didn't get them, let me know.

I've receieved no PM yet either. I had someone else send email to my account and it came right thru.

Apparently email from Groundspeak is being blocked for some reason by Ameritech.net.

I'm on the phone with them now and receiving no help and just requested some advanced support. Sounds like I'm speaking to someone overseas that is very new. I'm gettting rather annoyed with them at this point. She wanted me to use IE and there webmail which I have not used recently and refused to start using to troubleshoot. Been holding for advanced support now for at least 10 minutes.

I've receieved no PM yet either.  I had someone else send email to my account and it came right thru.

I sent it through the Forums' own internal messaging system. At the very top of the page are some text links that read "My Controls", "x New Messages", etc... Yours should read "1 new message" and if you click on it, it'll take you to your PM inbox.

Upon further review...

I told Ameritech that I was not receiving mail from Groundspeak but as the support person was checking I realized that I was receiving 'Topic Subscription Reply Notifications' and 'Watchlist Logs'.

It seems that just email with attachments from Groundspeak, like a PQ are not getting thru.

I attached an old PQ to an email I sent from a different ISP and it also got thru so once again, it is just email with attachments from Groundspeak.

I've receieved no PM yet either.  I had someone else send email to my account and it came right thru.

I sent it through the Forums' own internal messaging system. At the very top of the page are some text links that read "My Controls", "x New Messages", etc... Yours should read "1 new message" and if you click on it, it'll take you to your PM inbox.

Thanks - never new about that - duh. After I read your post I scrolled up and it says 0 New Messages, yet when I open the link, the message is there.

I'll forward it to Ameritech tomorrow as the support guy with my case number said he was heading home for the day.

I will keep an eye out for the log enteries and forward them to myway.

I sent them earlier via the forums' private messaging system. If you didn't get them, let me know.

Dooh, I keep forgeting about the internel message system for the forums. ;)

Just generated a new run once query that came thru fine. I guess we'll never know what the prob was.

Ameritech suppory said Port 25 was being blocked but that should have had nothing to do with my prob.

As is typical though, moments after being told they saw no problem at their end, my PQ gets thru the system. Go figure...