Lehigh River Gorge Rail Trail

Packanack

On May 21, I will be riding the rail trail from White Haven to Jim Thorpe, does anyone know if there are any caches along that trail, I would like to incorporate with the ride and lunch if I can. I haven't been able to find, but I am not that familiar with place names there. TIA.

I live real close to this very nice Rails to Trails and have rode often for many years.

Nice trail but no caches on the trail. They (park folks) are not too receptive.

There are many caches in the Jim Thorpe terminis area and one cache that you can hike off trail, See Sandy Run Cache. This is between Tannery access and Rockport access.

There is lots of cool stuff to see along the trail (if you know where to look) that is missed by many. Let me know how I can help.

Geeez, if I'm around that weekend I'd even be interested in meeting a fellow cacher and riding along part way.

Thanks, that is what I suspected, too bad. I am going with our local Scout troop, they go White Water Rafting and I ride my bike, as I do not go near water before Memorial Day. We outfit through Whitewater Challengers. For years I had wanted to ride this trail and finally got the chance last year. This is one of the best in the entire country, absolutely beautiful. I think they put me on the trail at White Haven around 10 AM, last year rode by myself. I may have convinced one other dad to ride with me this year.The shuttle picks up in Glen Onoko area.