Mountain Marsh

Prying Pandora

Look up a few posts.  Allanon has a post with a link to one of his bookmarks.

Thanks for the note, I found all the pages. I have downloaded all the locs for the creation of a gpx for the trip. I will also do a master.gpx from all the gpxs for members. But I will have to verify that you are to keep from breaking the rules.

Who's going to want a copy?

Since i'm not gpx-ready yet, I'd love a master .loc file, if you're willing to provide both....

Wait a bit before sharing copies. A couple more caches may be added to the list.  :lol:

Ooohhhhhhh...more mass-group FTFs!! :o

I am just running some queries between the current trip and some pocket queries for Woodland and the area around Yale Grail (GCJQCA), and now I have a few caches to question:

Why are are: gc8f5c, gcnm13, gcmf0b, gckcz7, gcn438, gcnyj9, gcnk8p, gchevt, and gcnmqp not on the list?

This is not looking over your sholder, it just seemed like some glaring errors?

Rob

Why are are: gc8f5c, gcnm13, gcmf0b, gckcz7, gcn438, gcnyj9, gcnk8p, gchevt, and gcnmqp not on the list?

The first two the first mountain marsh event already found. Easy to add ad hoc while up there but nothing we wanted to plan for.

gcmf0b I deemed too far off the track. Plus, there's a good chance it'll be a very muddy walk through brush. But if people want it no problem adding it.

No particular reason why gckcz7 and gcn43b weren't included (both in Woodland near the starting point). Figured if people got there early they could grab them before meet up time. We only had so much time and these would be easy to add if we had time.

gcnyj9 and gcnmqp weren't around when the route was made.

gchevt was found last time by some of the event crew and is really lame. gcnk8p is a lame one nearby. Now that Cowlitz goes Moolitz (cache mentioned above) is up it might be worth stopping at the exit if you just want to grab 3 caches but back then it certainly wasn't worth stopping for the 2 caches.

My list was just meant as a suggestion and not something we have to follow. No problems questioning it (though I wouldnt call them errors).

My list was just meant as a suggestion and not something we have to follow. No problems questioning it (though I wouldnt call them errors).

Ok, all very good reasons. Well, except for lame caches (we got several of those yesterday after the Boulder Creek hike), because another cache is another cache, lame or not.

And now I see them as not errors, but decisions. Thanks for your response.

Rob

Gee while we're adding caches to the route how about GC8BFF, GCJX6G and GCGA2Y. It's only 3 miles round trip to pick up 3 quality caches. :o

Sure, 3 miles of walking. 30 miles as the crow flies to get there!

And AnalogDog the lame caches "decision" is simply because there is only so much time available so we can pick and choose caches. If we had the time they'd have been added to the list and could easily be added ad hoc if we're ahead of schedule. (and Freeway Noise really is a lame cache especially this time of year, it's mine so I can say that, it used to be a pretty cool cache but that didn't work out so this is a replacement)

As I said last event there are enough caches in the area to keep people busy as long as they want to cache. I'll have the information for all the caches in the area with me in case they're needed.

The Bellevue carpool left at 7 and, with cache stops, easily got to the redevous point by 10.  I can easily leave a couple hours earlier  :o  if needed.  :D ???

Well, you just go right ahead with that plan. :D I ain't meeting nobody nowhere at 5 am. :D

But speaking of the Bellevue carpool, we had a great vanpool last time. Should the six of us try for round 2? Marcus, you coming with the van? k7-wave, blackravin, kiersolvd, andrewrj - y'all on board? Same time, same park 'n ride, different date? [7 am, exit 9 on 405]

Sure what time there Hydnsek. And are you bringing us cookies and milk this time.

Sorry to miss you this time Marcus. I'm also glad to see that AndrewRJ's wife can share in this insanity with him.

I am willing to drive and can take three passengers comfortably and a fourth could be squeezed in if needed. Eastside carpoolers could meet at 7 am at the PnR in Newcastle [exit 9 off 405] and we'll get it sorted as to who drives and who navigates (to all the caches along the way down.)

I haven't posted on this one, but I am looking for a ride on this one, too. The Bellevue Car Pool sounds good, as does a spot in Land Rover's excellent vehicle.

Let me know what's open and not open at this time.

All else failing, I could drive and accept one or two. But the riders will have to accept NPR and a mix of music from the 80, 90s and 00s.:ph34r:

Rob :lol:

I haven't posted on this one, but I am looking for a ride on this one, too. The Bellevue Car Pool sounds good, as does a spot in Land Rover's excellent vehicle.

All else failing, I could drive and accept one or two. But the riders will have to accept NPR and a mix of music from the 80, 90s and 00s.:ph34r:

I still have room, I've put out a couple of offers but still no takers, I didn't think I drove that bad.

I still have room, I've put out a couple of offers but still no takers, I didn't think I drove that bad.

I'm still looking for a ride. At this point, even the drive to frderal way is a bit far for me. With a full arm splint, I'm not fitting behind the wheel very well.

Going to work tomorrow morning should be interesting! :(

Sorry to miss you this time Marcus. I'm also glad to see that AndrewRJ's wife can share in this insanity with him.

I am willing to drive and can take three passengers comfortably and a fourth could be squeezed in if needed. Eastside carpoolers could meet at 7 am at the PnR in Newcastle [exit 9 off 405] and we'll get it sorted as to who drives and who navigates (to all the caches along the way down.)

I also can drive- RAV4 w/ 4WD and highish clearance :ph34r: and can take 3 passengers. I've driven 2 cache machines now, so as long as I have a good navigator, I'm good to go! I like driving, actually; sometimes get car-sick in the backseat....

One suggestion is that I can take blacravin and K7-wave and one more, and andrewrj/wife can ride with Kiersolvd or ?? And we can each take one more passenger.

7:00 am Saturday at the PnR at exit 9 off I-405 in Newcastle - be there or be square! Sorry, LandRover, we're gonna pool before we get down your way.

hydnsek

I'm still trying to get my plans all worked out with my wife(she is getting her motorcycle endorsement that same day) and kids (grandma and grampa are coming to watch them) but think I will be at the park and ride. I'm currently at 990 so if I don't get a chance to find a few caches(you know work getting in the way and all) then I may leave a little earlier so I can pick up a few on the way down. Still not sure if my dad is going to go so don't know about passengers. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, it was a blast last time. :ph34r:

I'm in for the second assault! Looks like I'll be riding with hydnsek and meeting at the PnR at 7:00. Looking forward to it.

Yep, k7-wave is my navigator! RWW just claimed one of the other two spots (he promises surprise goodies for us all!); one seat remains.

Real bummer that MarcusArelius can't make it (doesn't your wife realize this is a historic cache?!), but sounds like we'll have quite a crew at 'my' Park 'n Ride Saturday. Taking a quick tally, to make sure we don't leave any one....so far, at this meeting spot I have:

hydnsek

k7-wave

kiersolvd

blacravin

andrewrj & wife

Right Wing Wacko

Cruiser Guy

AnalogDog ?

Who did I miss? Any others meeting us at this location?

The meeting info again: 7:00 am, Park 'n Ride lot at exit 9 [112th Ave] off I-405 in Newcastle.

Edited by hydnsek
I'm currently at 990 so if I don't get a chance to find a few caches(you know work getting in the way and all) then I may leave a little earlier so I can pick up a few on the way down. Still not sure if my dad is going to go so don't know about passengers. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, it was a blast last time. :ph34r:

All right - we'll have a 1k milestone this time, after all! That's great, CG! Let us know whether we should wait for you or not when it gets closer to departure time.

This looks like a good trip for #700!

Still scanning the thread for a main meeting place and time.

Has it been posted?

Good point! :D Cathy, maybe you want to post the location and time for our rendezvous down south? I was assuming same as last time in planning our departure, but it could have changed, and we do have some newcomers this round.

This looks like a good trip for #700!

Still scanning the thread for a main meeting place and time.

Has it been posted?

Good point! :D Cathy, maybe you want to post the location and time for our rendezvous down south? I was assuming same as last time in planning our departure, but it could have changed, and we do have some newcomers this round.

It's posted on the event page, same time and place as the original event.

All right - we'll have a 1k milestone this time, after all!  That's great, CG!  Let us know whether we should wait for you or not when it gets closer to departure time.

I am at 281 right now, and it seems like I could have #300 on this trip too! I will be whittling down that number all week, in hopes I can start with 298 or 299.

Rob

Good point!  :)  Cathy, maybe you want to post the location and time for our rendezvous down south? I was assuming same as last time in planning our departure, but it could have changed, and we do have some newcomers this round.

I already did, farther down this thread. The event page is here.

Oh yeah, forgot this was an oh-fishul event. :lol:

Well, it looks like RWW won't be the only gimpy one on this trek. I had a little adventure last night at a cache and just got out of the doctor. Grade 2 sprain of something or other (ankle ligament) and have a splint on it. I know going to St. Helen's wasn't on the list of things I'm expressly forbidden to do! :grin:

I'm just gonna be kinda slow.

Well, it looks like RWW won't be the only gimpy one on this trek. I had a little adventure last night at a cache and just got out of the doctor. Grade 2 sprain of something or other (ankle ligament) and have a splint on it. I know going to St. Helen's wasn't on the list of things I'm expressly forbidden to do!  :rolleyes:

So if I have this right what you're saying is you'll have to slow down to a NORMAL pace. I guess that means the rest of us will be able to keep up with you. :grin:

Well, it looks like RWW won't be the only gimpy one on this trek. I had a little adventure last night at a cache and just got out of the doctor. Grade 2 sprain of something or other (ankle ligament) and have a splint on it. I know going to St. Helen's wasn't on the list of things I'm expressly forbidden to do! :rolleyes:

Oh man, bummer! :grin: Keep that ibuprofen handy, LB! Probably wouldn't hurt to (gasp!) slow down on the caching for a few days too! :grin:

Hate to say it, but I looks like I'm going to miss this adventure this weekend. :rolleyes:

Stuff at work requires my attention this weekend. Unfortunately, it's not an all day thing, just enough to screw up my plans... :grin:

Sorry, LB and RecDiver, I hope you two still have enough time to get other driving/riding arrangements made before Sat. At the very least, you can probably go together at least from the P&R.

Also, sorry to hear about your fall yesterday LB. Lots of 'bodily injuries' for our group this last week. :grin:

AnalogDog ?

Who did I miss? Any others meeting us at this location?

The meeting info again: 7:00 am, Park 'n Ride lot at exit 9 [112th Ave] off I-405 in Newcastle.

I have decided that I will meet you guys at the Newcastle PnR rather than anyother idea.

I will also come prepared for one normal person and two dwarfs (or one limber normal) to join me should it be necessary.

Rob

I just got off the phone confirming our dinner plans at Papa Pete's. They told me about a deal I want to pass on to y'all.

If we collectively order 6 or more large or family size pizzas, everybody gets 10% off their entire order. It doesn't matter that we're all ordering separately, just so long as it totals 6 or more of the large or family size.

They also strongly suggest that we call them ahead of time (before 5:00) to order our pizzas and they will have them ready for us when we arrive. If we wait until we get there, it may take as long as an hour before they are ready.

You can view their online menu here. I will also print out a few copies and bring them to the event.

Hate to say it, but I looks like I'm going to miss this adventure this weekend.

Wah- this has penetrated my haze of pain tonight- anybody got room for me until we can meet up with P & C, who I believe said I can ride with them from the meeting place on? Someone with some place to stretch out a gimpy leg? (That is currently swollen twice its size ;) )

Wah- this has penetrated my haze of pain tonight- anybody got room for me until we can meet up with P & C, who I believe said I can ride with them from the meeting place on? Someone with some place to stretch out a gimpy leg? (That is currently swollen twice its size ;) )

LB, I know how you love to cache, but if you're that injured....going on an all-day caching expedition that involves some bushwhacking might not be the wisest course. It definitely won't promote healing of your injury. You should be RICEing - rest, ice, compression, elevation - for several days. I know cos I had a severe sprain several years ago, didn't take care of it, and it took 6 months to heal. You can also cause permanent stretching and damage to the tendons if you don't properly rest it, which can make it easier to re-sprain.

Sorry, just being the voice of reason. If it were your elbow....at least you don't walk on that. :P

Wow, I am really sorry to hear that LB. If you still need a ride give me a call I can come and pick you up. I know its not on my normal route, but I know how irritated you will get if you miss this trip again. :P

Thanks for your concern, hydnsek, my doctor said don't do anything that hurts a lot, so I intend to follow his advice. I asked him about the trip and he just said to take it easy, so I intend to do that. My sprain is a 1 or 2 out of 4, so not a severe one, I think. I will definitely be making sure I take it slow and easy.

Andrew- are you driving down? I could meet you in Redmond- I am still able to drive- just not long distances.

Ok- so is there anyone I could ride with from the P&R? LandRover? Anyone?

It looks, Meeting at the Newcastle P&R, like we have:

• hydnsek*
  • k7-wave
  • kiersolvd*
  • blacravin
  • andrewrj & wife
  • Right Wing Wacko
  • Cruiser Guy
  • Little Blue
  • AnalogDog*

* potential drivers

LB, blacravin lives in Duval

Meeting time is 7:00 am

We could do a rolling caravan and pick up people in Kent, Federal Way, Tacoma on the way down. Phil & Cathy? Landrover? How's that sound?

I haven't been able to find any suckers to ride with me so if there is room somewhere and a willingness to stop near Federal Way I would like to grab a ride. Of coure there is still a day or so for any volunteers to step up, I think I need a minimum of two to help with the gas and or any pit crew dutties. I have e-mailed Geek Girl & Java Duck with offers of a ride but have not gotten any reply, LindaLu said she had a change of plans and will not be going.

Well looks like I need a ride South as well. I can meet anyone at any park-n-ride and am willing to share gas money, etc. I'm coming down from Everett so can meet up with anyone heading South.

LandRover where are you leaving from?

LB I can pick you up at the p-n-p of your choice.

Edited by Recdiver