Lowrance Users

Can you Lowrancees out there fill me in on any unique or useful functions that these units may have.

As Vlad mentioned, the Range Rings on the Map Screen are really cool and useful.

FWIW, this screen also zooms in to a true 100-foot display.

Another oddly unique feature is the function of the Exit button when viewing the Map Screen.

It will alternate the display between your current position and the last place where you positioned the cursor.

At first I didn't see the point for this, but with street maps loaded it's been very helpful while navigating to a site.

For those of us with no short-term memory, it's handy to instantly recall what streets I should be looking for.

Also, pressing it three times, or four if the crosshairs are visible, pops-up a speedometer.

This feature is undocumented (read unsupported). Pressing the Zin and Zout buttons will scale it from 10mph to 300mph.

Another undocumented feature is the complete satellite status display.

While viewing the Satellite Status Screen, press the Down Arrow button three times.

Here you'll see each satellite's PRN number, elevation, azimuth, signal strength, and CNO.

Pressing the Down Arrow button now will alternate these displays.

Maybe it's the firmware version or something. The arrow key thing works on the satellite status screen, but on the map screen when I press the exit key, no matter how many times, it just keeps alternating between the last place and my current position. I have the Hunt with the latest firmware upgrade.

Edited by DWBur

Nope, I tried again tonight and I pushed the exit button pretty doggone fast. Tried it many times and at variable speeds with no success. Spent way too much time on this fruitless exercise, and concluded that it will not produce a speedometer screen. I don't really have a need for one, but it seemed to become a challenge after a bit. Mine also has the most current firmware.

The satellite screen trick works, though I don't really know what I'd ever do with that information.

cool! My brand new Expidition c does the speedo thing, too - and the detail info on the satellite page.

Has anyone here tried using the National Geographic back roads exploder software? they claim it is compatible with Lowrance (as well as with Garmin, Magellan and Eagle)

cool! My brand new Expidition c does the speedo thing, too - and the detail info on the satellite page.

Has anyone here tried using the National Geographic back roads exploder software? they claim it is compatible with Lowrance (as well as with Garmin, Magellan and Eagle)

Be careful there. From what I can tell, compatibility to them means it will recieve waypoints and tracks from those GPS's, NOT load maps to them.

Quakemap does a very similar job for considerably less moola.

john

I have just bought a iFinder GO2, the hidden tips are great, one question though.

Is there any way to lock the buttons (like on a mobile phone) as I keep pressing them in my pocket whilst walking.

Memory-Map will upload waypoints to the GO2 using a serial cable USGMGL (USGM + GUGL) USB Data/Power Cable for Lowrance iFinder/Pro.

But is there any way to Download tracks/routes/waypoints FROM the GO2 to my Pc?

Edited by MadBob

I've had a iFinder Pro for a long time before geo-caching. It gets me to my favorite fishing holes and back to the boat ramp. This year I found a whole new way to play with it. As it is a bit older than some of then newest models, I was wondering how well it would stand up against the new kids.

My friend uses a small magellen and we enjoy compairing postions. His gives an error of say 20 feet when mine has an "EPE" of 350 feet. I'm not sure where or how the EPE is calculated, but I think it is a cumulative thing instead of an average thing. I know I'm generally pretty dead on with an EPE of under 300'.

Also, there is not a cheap windshield mount available. My RAM mount cost over $40 by the time I got the suction cup, the flex cable and the cradle. But I also have a perm mount with swivel ball and cradle on the boat so the GPSr can pop in and out between easy.

Pluses and minuses.

Did that article ever get written?

I have an ifinder pro and can't figure how theheck to enter the lat and long. My geocaching is dead in it's tracks.

A manual can be found here:

http://www.lowrance.com/Manuals/Files/iFin...-411_111203.pdf

Quick way to enter a point:

Hit "Enter" (lower left button)

A screen come up, scroll down to "Entered Pos"

"Enter"

"create" come up at the top of the screen

"Enter" again

You get a lat & lon screen

"Enter" again to edit Lat

Use the center button to move postion (left & right) and change the numbers (up & down).

"Enter" to accept.

Down to Long

"Enter" to edit Long

Use the center button to move postion (left & right) and change the numbers (up & down).

"Enter" to accept.

"Exit" to get to the Preview Screen with "Go To" highlighted.

"Enter to navigate to that point.

I have a 350c ,500C 2 Expiditions and a Explorer. I'm kind of biased though seeing I work for Lowrance(Navico) :rolleyes:

Why did they not make the iFinder Pro waterproof?

I said I work here I didn't say I engineer them, That's some you'll have to take up with Customer service.

There is a small, but vocal group of Lowrance users here and after reading some posts and doing a bit of research, the Lowrance units piqued my interest.

I was able to obtain an iFinder H20 and an iFinder GO2 on loan from Lowrance (very nice people) so I can review them for Todays Cacher. I've had the units for a total of 6 hours so far and find them to be both interesting, yet frustrating. Some functions are very intuitive, yet other basic ones aren't. I'm starting out like most people would - without reading the manual, but I plan to study it tomorrow.

Can you Lowrancees out there fill me in on any unique or useful functions that these units may have. I know that I still discover things about my own units many months (and sometimes years) after I start using them, so I want to make sure there aren't things I'm missing about these nifty devices.

The H20 is loaded with Lowrance's topo mapping software and the GO2 has the base map

I got a Lowrance GO2 for Christmas 2005. While it had great features, especially considering the price, I had returned the second one by February. They just freeze up and quit working, which could lead to a dangerous situation. Stick with Garmin or Magellan.

Hello all,

I am searching for a small utility file used to reset the counter in the (old) Lowrance MapCreate ver.7 software.

I contacted consumer customer technical support without success. I hope that this group may have better resources.

The file I need is named onertimeserialpurge.exe

As I understand it, this utility file is kept in the ftp site named FTP://DOWNLOAD.LOWRANCE.COM

When I call up the ftp site, the site requires a logon ID and password (that is supposed to be available through tech support).

Lowrance/Navico Tech support reps had no luck tracking down the ID and password to enter this ftp site from tech support.

It is said that the onertimeserialpurge.exe utility file I need is located there.

Can you help me find the file I need? Thanks for your assistance!