Managing A Large Number Of Waypoints

So far I've just been doing day trips around town and have only loaded

up to a dozen waypoints for the day trip. Then delete after I've found them.

I'm planning some trips now and will want to put in 500 waypoints.

What are the easy ways to find a particular waypoint as I'm driving along?

Can I use Easygps or another program on my computer to group waypoints

into logical clusters? or in the sequence I'll encounter them on the road? :huh:

Edited by jimmyreno

As for grouping waypoints into clusters, QuakeMap will do it for you. When you position the map at a certain point, and then bring up Waypoints Manager, the waypoints in the list will be sorted by distance from that center of the map ("Camera") position. Select and save the top 100 in the list, and you've got your "cluster". Move camera along the route and repeat.

Works on your GPS? Maybe it just sends waypoints to your GPS? No third-pary software will run on a GPS, especially Windows sotware.

If you just have your Legend, then you can either press the Waypoint button on the left side and select Waypoints, Nearest, or you can display the map page, in which case you can see the caches as you drive by, providing you have the proper zoom level selected. If you have a laptop or a PDA, then you have a number of options, depending on what hardware you have.

Works on your GPS? Maybe it just sends waypoints to your GPS? No third-pary software will run on a GPS, especially Windows sotware.

If you just have your Legend, then you can either press the Waypoint button on the left side and select Waypoints, Nearest, or you can display the map page, in which case you can see the caches as you drive by, providing you have the proper zoom level selected. If you have a laptop or a PDA, then you have a number of options, depending on what hardware you have.

ok ok -

you took hi literally I took it to mean WITH my gps -

cc\

I absolutely LOVE GSAK. Take advantage of the evaluation period and see if you don't agree. I spent 12 hours with it scratching the surface of its capabilities. The bought it. I can't imagine geocaching without it.

GSMx2