Premium Member Feature

ReadyOrNot

I'm a Premium Member. I hunt all caches, regardless of who hid them. I don't see any advantage in seeing caches by PM's approved first. I just want to see more reviewers in my area so they all will be approved quicker. Hmm. Maybe I should volunteer :laughing:

I'm a Premium Member. I hunt all caches, regardless of who hid them. I don't see any advantage in seeing caches by PM's approved first. I just want to see more reviewers in my area so they all will be approved quicker. Hmm. Maybe I should volunteer :huh:

NO!

I'm a Premium Member. I hunt all caches, regardless of who hid them. I don't see any advantage in seeing caches by PM's approved first. I just want to see more reviewers in my area so they all will be approved quicker. Hmm. Maybe I should volunteer :huh:

NO!

I thought you retired.

Why do I care which ones are approved first?  Doesn't a premium member benefit no matter who hid the cache?

I don't see this as something that is broken.

You would care if it was your cache. It's not broken, I'm just saying it would be nice if premium members got bumbed ahead in the approval queue, purely for the benefit of the person posting the cache. Make the non-paying members wait almost 72 hours, not me. (Maybe I'm just impatient)

Why do I care which ones are approved first?  Doesn't a premium member benefit no matter who hid the cache?

I don't see this as something that is broken.

You would care if it was your cache. It's not broken, I'm just saying it would be nice if premium members got bumbed ahead in the approval queue, purely for the benefit of the person posting the cache. Make the non-paying members wait almost 72 hours, not me. (Maybe I'm just impatient)

Well now, there's a difference between approving Premium Members' caches first and making non-premium members wait longer. I wouldn't mind if Premium members' caches were listed ahead of non-premium members' caches, but I wouldn't want the approvers to purposely wait to approve those.

Actually, there is already a complex heuristic system in place that scans forum posts for users who complain about approval time, and automatically drops them to the bottom of the list.

Maybe the proper thing to do is find out why it's taking 3 days to get cache's approved. Doesn't sound like the norm. And what's wrong with Premium members getting faster service? Just another incentive for people to buy memberships. And the more memberships purchased, the better the services will be from this website. Then, instead of premium members complaining about taking too long, the folks that choose not to pay can complain about it taking too long.

Actually, there is already a complex heuristic system in place that scans forum posts for users who complain about approval time, and automatically drops them to the bottom of the list.

Maybe the proper thing to do is find out why it's taking 3 days to get cache's approved. Doesn't sound like the norm. And what's wrong with Premium members getting faster service? Just another incentive for people to buy memberships. And the more memberships purchased, the better the services will be from this website. Then, instead of premium members complaining about taking too long, the folks that choose not to pay can complain about it taking too long.

Reviewers are volunteers

The Paperboy

Posted: May 5 2005, 08:56 AM

I'm past 48 hours right now on my cache waiting approval.

If you have a cache that's been on hold please give us the GCxxxx number. The only cache I see belonging to The Paperboy has a hidden date of May 5th, and has been approved. I do not see one that predates your forum post date by 48 hours.

And, the current complex heuristic triage system in place that scans forum posts for users who complain about approval time, and automatically drops them to the bottom of the list works pretty well for the approvers. B)

erik - geocaching.com admin

edited to correct typo

Edited by erik88l-r
We must be spoiled. In my neck of the woods it seems our caches are approved w/in hours, more than 24 is unusual. I once had a rest stop cache approved in 14 minutes even.

I agree - what is the problem? - - - -

I recently had a whole (yes ALL OF THEM!) 10 cache series approved in less that 2 hours !!!

geezzz - as a premium member I can't hardly enter them all much faster than that and expect better service either.

As premium members should we realistically expect better service than that?

Do you want 10 minute service? I think this poster is an exception - a nice I have to say too.

cc\

The Paperboy

Posted: May 5 2005, 08:56 AM

I'm past 48 hours right now on my cache waiting approval.

If you have a cache that's been on hold please give us the GCxxxx number. The only cache I see belonging to The Paperboy has a hidden date of May 5th, and has been approved. I do not see one that predates your forum post date by 48 hours.

And, the current complex heuristic triage system in place that scans forum posts for users who complain about approval time, and automatically drops them to the bottom of the list works pretty well for the approvers. B)

erik - geocaching.com admin

edited to correct typo

Hey there. I called and left a message (kind and pleasant) and also left an email (kind and pleasant). I've yet to get any response to either my message or email that I sent. My cache was approved and it took around 72 hours. Maybe the approver was on vacation or something, I don't know. Doesn't really matter. All I did was offer a suggestion for improvement of service. We'll see how long the next one takes.

I'm a Premium Member. I hunt all caches, regardless of who hid them. I don't see any advantage in seeing caches by PM's approved first. I just want to see more reviewers in my area so they all will be approved quicker. Hmm. Maybe I should volunteer B)

How does one get to be a reviewer? Maybe that's a solution to my problem. I can review my own.

B)

Hey there. I called and left a message (kind and pleasant) and also left an email (kind and pleasant). I've yet to get any response to either my message or email that I sent. My cache was approved and it took around 72 hours.

Uhhh, tell me what I'm missing here, but isn't the "response" the fact that your cache was listed within the timeframe we strive for? I wouldn't be waiting for any further follow-up. Your reviewer has moved on to other caches.

I'm a Premium Member. I hunt all caches, regardless of who hid them. I don't see any advantage in seeing caches by PM's approved first. I just want to see more reviewers in my area so they all will be approved quicker. Hmm. Maybe I should volunteer :D

How does one get to be a reviewer? Maybe that's a solution to my problem. I can review my own.

:D

Hello,

Geocaching.com asks geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers based on an identified need in the local area. Qualifications include experience level (most volunteers have hidden dozens of caches and found hundreds or thousands), reputation within the local geocaching community, involvement with any local geocaching organizations, demonstrated ability to work with land managers, communications skills, and knowledge of the geocache listing guidelines.

Volunteering doesn't necessarily help. Working on establishing the above qualifications does.

Hey there.  I called and left a message (kind and pleasant) and also left an email (kind and pleasant).  I've yet to get any response to either my message or email that I sent.  My cache was approved and it took around 72 hours.

Uhhh, tell me what I'm missing here, but isn't the "response" the fact that your cache was listed within the timeframe we strive for? I wouldn't be waiting for any further follow-up. Your reviewer has moved on to other caches.

Please understand that when I wrote the original messages that my cache was not approved and that on the website it said that most caches will be approved within 24 hours. I was simply checking on the status. Obviously I realize that the cache was ultimately approved, but until someone builds a time machine, I will not be able to go back and un-write my message in the forum. Please forgive me for my inquisitive nature and please severely punish any further outbursts as I cannot control myself. (See, there I go again) :lol:

Oh, by the way, I just placed another cache that is in the approval queue. Maybe you can pull some strings and get me put to the end of the approval queue? (There I go again, maybe medication will help me!) :D

Thanks!

:lol:

We must be spoiled.  In my neck of the woods it seems our caches are approved w/in hours, more than 24 is unusual.  I once had a rest stop cache approved in 14 minutes even.

I agree - what is the problem? - - - -

I recently had a whole (yes ALL OF THEM!) 10 cache series approved in less that 2 hours !!!

geezzz - as a premium member I can't hardly enter them all much faster than that and expect better service either.

As premium members should we realistically expect better service than that?

Do you want 10 minute service? I think this poster is an exception - a nice I have to say too.

cc\

Edited by ReadyOrNot
We must be spoiled.  In my neck of the woods it seems our caches are approved w/in hours, more than 24 is unusual.  I once had a rest stop cache approved in 14 minutes even.

I once submitted two caches back to back and found that the first one had been approved while I was finishing typing in the data for the second one.

-- Lemur

Edited by Otter and Lemur
I'm a little baffled by grownups (?) saying, "me first," and "he cut me," seeming to behave like their children. Wait your turn.

I'm with you 100%. I don't think anyone should act like a child. Are you implying I was acting like a child? Here's some background.....

The cache in question was my very 1st cache and I was very anxious to get it posted. Let's just say I was HOPING it would get posted sooner than 72 hours. Unfortunately, it did not.

Call me excited, call me anxious, but immature? I think that's a bit rough don't you?

Sheeesh, relax everyone!

Thanks!