Need A Quick On/off Grab In Nj

drat19

Folks:

Sorry about the short notice on this, but if anyone can respond by this evening Wed 5/4, I'd appreciate.

I picked up a TB whose goal is to be dropped off somewhere in NJ so that its owner can retrieve it once dropped. I'm currently in the NYC area visiting family, and I'm flying home via Philly Airport tomorrow, Thu 5/5. So, I'm looking for a "quick on/off the highway" cache, large enough to accommodate a TB, somewhere in NJ along the NJTP or I-295 on the way to Philly.

Can anyone in the area offer me a suggestion or two within my deadline?

Thanks!!

-Dave R., in town from Biloxi, MS

Folks:

Sorry about the short notice on this, but if anyone can respond by this evening Wed 5/4, I'd appreciate.

I picked up a TB whose goal is to be dropped off somewhere in NJ so that its owner can retrieve it once dropped.  I'm currently in the NYC area visiting family, and I'm flying home via Philly Airport tomorrow, Thu 5/5.  So, I'm looking for a "quick on/off the highway" cache, large enough to accommodate a TB, somewhere in NJ along the NJTP or I-295 on the way to Philly.

Thanks!!

Are you comming over the GWB or throught the tunnel? If you are comming over the GWB, then you can hit either

Chief Oratam's T.B. Hotel & Signature Item Cache

and/or

Overpeck Park - Henry Hoebel Area

Parking for the first one is 5 minutes off Route 80 before you even get to the Turnpike, and it about 15 minutes round trip to get the cache.

The second is a multi - but you can drive, again in 5 minutes, to the first stage, and then its a 5 minute walk to the second stage. Again it's right off of Route 80 (in fact its the same exit, just the other direction on the local road as the first one)

The first one is a Tupperware container, the second is an Ammo Can. - Should hold TB's nicely.

-dave

Edited by Phonedave
Folks:

I picked up a TB whose goal is to be dropped off somewhere in NJ so that its owner can retrieve it once dropped.  I'm currently in the NYC area visiting family, and I'm flying home via Philly Airport tomorrow, Thu 5/5.  So, I'm looking for a "quick on/off the highway" cache, large enough to accommodate a TB, somewhere in NJ along the NJTP or I-295 on the way to Philly.

Thanks!!

Are you comming over the GWB or throught the tunnel? If you are comming over the GWB, then you can hit either

and/or

Parking for the first one is 5 minutes off Route 80 before you even get to the Turnpike, and it about 15 minutes round trip to get the cache.

The second is a multi - but you can drive, again in 5 minutes, to the first stage, and then its a 5 minute walk to the second stage. Again it's right off of Route 80 (in fact its the same exit, just the other direction on the local road as the first one)

The first one is a Tupperware container, the second is an Ammo Can. - Should hold TB's nicely.

-dave

Good advice! I was actually thinking about coming via SI and over the Outerbridge (my trip starts in Queens), but I can go Bronx/GW just as easily.

Let's see if we get any other responses with suggestions further south, and if not, your suggestions may work OK for me, time permitting.

Thanks!!

-Dave R.

Edited by drat19

You can give this one a shot. It's less then a mile off of Exit 9 on the NJTP

The Falls - (GCGJ50)

Take Route 18 North, pass the cache and bear right, Turn right at the light and go to the parking for the cache. It's probably a 200ft walk to the cache from there. It's not a huge cache, but should be able accommodate the TB.

If you feeling more adventurous, or need a bigger cache, you can try our.

and miles to go before I sleep - (GCHPNQ) cache, which is suppose to be a travel bug pit stop, but has been liberated of all it's travel bugs.

This will put you a 30-45 minutes behind schedule. (Assuming non rush-hour travel) I would recommend getting off a t Exit 9 on the NJTP, heading South on Rt 18, grabbing the cache, and then continuing to Exit 8a, via Route 615.

There are a couple cache and dashes along the way.

Edited by ekitt10
You can give this one a shot. It's less then a mile off of Exit 9 on the NJTP

The Falls - (GCGJ50)

Take Route 18 North, pass the cache and bear right, Turn right at the light and go to the parking for the cache. It's probably a 200ft walk to the cache from there. It's not a huge cache, but should be able accommodate the TB.

If you feeling more adventurous, or need a bigger cache, you can try our.

and miles to go before I sleep cache, which is suppose to be a travel bug pit stop, but has been liberated of all it's travel bugs.

This will put you a 30-45 minutes behind schedule. (Assuming non rush-hour travel) I would recommend getting off a t Exit 9 on the NJTP, heading South on Rt 18, grabbing the cache, and then continuing to Exit 8a, via Route 615.

There are a couple cache and dashes along the way.

Another excellent suggestion, thanks! I'm printing it out now.

Still soliciting others...anyone, anyone?

-Dave R.

Folks:

Thanks!!

and/or

-dave

What Phonedave said.....thanks for the plug :(

There is an event near Philly on the 5th, with a Travel Bug Hotel along 295.

There are also some easier stop and drop caches further up the turnpike.

Ooh, that may be perfect. Or, I may drop my TB off further up the NJTP, and then stop here anyway for some other TBs to carry with me.

Thanks!

-Dave R.

Folks:

Thanks!!

and/or

-dave

What Phonedave said.....thanks for the plug :blink:

Yes, I think my Now How Do I Get Out ?is closer to the exit, but seeing as it involves a 2 mile R/T walk through tick land, I opted to give the plug to you. <_<

-dave

Folks:

Quick update: I managed to drop that NJ-bound TB off at The Falls near New Brunswick (please leave it there for its owner if you happen to get there before they do), and I also swung by the Bug Acceleration Zone cache near Cherry Hill (an EXCELLENT place for TBs, I might add!), before catching my flight at Philly Airport.

I would have been glad to snag those caches up by the GWB as well, but as it turned out I left NYC via SI and the Outerbridge.

Thanks again to all who posted here for the high quality suggestions!

-Dave R. in Biloxi, MS

Edited by drat19