Just Hit The Submit Button

on my eXplorist 600 about 10 minutes ago. I paid $5 more for the 2 day shipping. I had been waiting for it to come in stock at techdepot and submoted about 15 email addresses for an email instock alert and contacted them yet again to see when they would have it. I was finally committed to not getting it for awhile so I bought a new cable for my merigold last night and then I got an email from techdepot stating they didnt know when it would be instock. So I checked it yet again. Which has become my daily ritual and it was instock. I got a huge case of buckfever

on my eXplorist 600 about 10 minutes ago. I paid $5 more for the 2 day shipping. I had been waiting for it to come in stock at techdepot and submoted about 15 email addresses for an email instock alert and contacted them yet again to see when they would have it. I was finally committed to not getting it for awhile so I bought a new cable for my merigold last night and then I got an email from techdepot stating they didnt know when it would be instock. So I checked it yet again. Which has become my daily ritual and it was instock. I got a huge case of buckfever

Good for you...I'm lovin' mine so far.

I ordered mine in January. It still hasn't shipped! Joani walks into REI on Sunday and just buys one and walks out the door with it. Joani is smart.

--Marky :(

On this same note......The REI website does not show the 600 available at this time, BUT that just means it is not available for website ordering. Many "brick and mortor" locations have the unit in stock. If this is the way you want to go, I suggest calling a location near you. You should be able to order it over the phone from an actaual store location, instead of the website.

Just FYI for those folks chomping at the bit for one :(

I called REI last night at my nearest store and they didnt have any. Asked about other stores and they found some in the Colorado stores. Said you can order over the phone through them. But I didnt want to go through that hassel so I just ordered last night a 600 from www.thegpsstore.com

I called to confirm order this AM and was told they have many in stock and I hopefully will have mine tomarrow as I did the overnight shipping. Couldnt wait!

gpsstore has a combo package deal where you can buy the unit, mapping program (TOPO or STREET) and a 64 meg. SD Card. Or you can just order the unit.

I called REI last night at my nearest store and they didnt have any. Asked about other stores and they found some in the Colorado stores. Said you can order over the phone through them. But I didnt want to go through that hassel so I just ordered last night a 600 from www.thegpsstore.com

I called to confirm order this AM and was told they have many in stock and I hopefully will have mine tomarrow as I did the overnight shipping. Couldnt wait!

gpsstore has a combo package deal where you can buy the unit, mapping program (TOPO or STREET) and a 64 meg. SD Card. Or you can just order the unit.

64 megs is too small these days IMHO.

If you are going to err, err on the side of too much memory... :laughing: