Geocaching In Newfoundland

Red Bay Rocket

What are most people in Newfoundland using for Cache containers. I have found that the new Folgers Aroma Seal coffee containers are awesome. What do you think? I know that I have found geocaches that have not made it through our harsh winters. I know some of mine haven't

Red Bay Rocket

Not about containers, but my family and I have been planning a trip to Newfoundland for several years, and two years ago it morphed into a "geocaching" trip to Newfoundland.

When I read some of the cache descriptions -- things like "walk a short way down the dirt road through the forest, when you see the lighthouse on the cliff..." and "seldom seen by tourists" -- I get goosebumps!

Almost impossible to eliminate the smell from a salt beef bucket to the point that the black bears won't chew on it but they do seem to have a following as containers, maybe the price is a factor *s* My biggest complaint is that they stand out too much and do not take paint well over the long haul.