All Ohio Geovent

Bjorn74

This year's All-Ohio Geovent will be August 13th in Delaware, Ohio. We're working on getting Stratford again for the event. It will be a good day for meeting cachers from all over and learning about what's happening in our sport.

Please extend invitations to park officials and friends alike. We should have some ODNR officials with us once again this year.

Preceding and following the event will likely be camping and caching. Delaware State Park has been selected for the camping Base Camp this year, although Alum Creek is just as close.

Weather in August here tends to be warm and humid during the day, comfortable at night, and typically dry.

Just for kicks I looked up some information. This is based on records from 1961-1990 in Delaware Ohio (Zipcode = 43015)

For August

Average Daily High Temp = 82.5°

Average Daily Low Temp = 58.3°

Total average daily temp = 70.4°

Average rainfall amounts in August = 3.37"

Bjorn, thanks for the heads-up.  Delaware and Alum Creek are beautiful state parks that I'd love to visit again.  I will see if I can venture westward that weekend.

We have confirmation on the location. If you look at last year's event, this should be pretty similar. It will be the same location. The time of the gathering will be a little differant, perhaps.

KA, we'll have a dunking booth set up for your arrival!

Edited by Bjorn74