Bulgaria

Marcus in Kerry

I will try and add a cache near Kardjarli when I am there this month to see if anybody comes by here to look it up. If so I will try to add more. I don't live in Bulgaria but will be visiting the area more frequently in the future so hopefully, if there is enough interest, I will be able to set up a few here.

The problem is always traveling in the country. E.g. it takes you about 5 hours from Varna to Pleven by train, quite a lot for just seeking a cache. The country is not big but the distances are long as far as you don't have a car.

I think there's a need for more local cachers, at the moment most hide and seek are by foreigners.

Who can help making PR for GC in Bulgaria? Any contacts to the media?

We were on holidays in Bulgaria in July, and just missed hcy's two new caches :rolleyes: . We did not have much luck with the other caches, either (see my logs), but at least we found one: Panorama Cache in Pleven. We were travelling around by car, and yes, the distances are long.

We replaced the GCRILA cache with a new one.

Hi there!

I am a fellow geocacher from British Columbia, Canada, and I am trying to complete a locationless cache called "What's in a name?". For this cache I have to

1) convert my geocaching name to numbers to find a coordinate;

2) find the cities that cross over that coordinate line;

3) contact another geocacher to take a picture of that coordinate, w/ their GPSr in hand.

If anyone is interested in taking a picture for me at 23° 27.47, anywhere in Bulgaria, please let me know! I've done a brief search and it seems like this line runs through Sofia.

WE BOTH CAN LOG THIS AS A FIND!

Thanks & Happy Caching