Garmin 60cs Locking Up

I've had a problem with my Garmin 60cs recently. It's began, on random occasions, to lock up. The screen will freeze, the buttons will not work. To power it off, I have to hold the button down and the screen eventually fades away. On one occasion, it froze 3 or 4 times in a row before I got frustrated and turned it off.

I'm not exacly sure of my firmware revision number. I don't have the unit on me at the moment. I currently use two sets of maps. The Middle East maps and the US Street maps. I have a StreetPilot 2610 as well and I'm using the maps that came with it and I purchased the Middle East maps separately. The lock up problem has happened using both sets of maps.

I plan to upgrade the firmware if a newer version is available. I'm just wondering if anybody has had this same problem.

Thanks,

Steve Cody

p.s. A plug for the Middle East maps... If you travel to Qatar, Kuwait, or any of the other countries on the Middle East maps, they are a MUST HAVE! I travel quite a bit to virtually all of the countries in the maps (all but Saudi) and so far they have been awesome. The street level maps are great and the points of interest are as well. I've used them both with the Street Pilot and GPSMAP 60cs.

Thanks,

Steve Cody

p.s.  A plug for the Middle East maps...  If you travel to Qatar, Kuwait, or any of the other countries on the Middle East maps, they are a MUST HAVE!  I travel quite a bit to virtually all of the countries in the maps (all but Saudi) and so far they have been awesome.  The street level maps are great and the points of interest are as well.  I've used them both with the Street Pilot and GPSMAP 60cs.

Where did you get the middle-east maps? My son is on his second tour over there, and I would love to have the maps both for him and for me! What countries are covered?

THANKS !!!

EDIT: spelling of course!!!

Mike.

Edited by Desert_Warrior