A Nice Spring Hike

Right Wing Wacko

Hey, Landrover...here's another FTF opportunity for you to attempt... :D:P:)

Recdiver...Since I'm most likely only doing the "Falls" cache, if there are any others around we want to attempt while the rest are doing the other 7 miles round trip, I'm sure we'll have an hour or two before we need to be back for the 'pies'. :)

I thought I should mention this earlier, but Boulder was really meant to be a winter hike. While most of the summits and lakes are covered in snow, Boulder River trail stays pretty snow free in the winter. That’s why I put it there, to give people someplace to hike in the winter. Alternately, it also makes a great hike in the heat of the summer, lots of shade.

;)

Wanna carpool Allanon?

Of course I do... ;)

I'll take an extra seat if there is one. Or I could 'borrow' the wife's CRV and drive, willing to meet you in Monroe.

No reason for you to come all the way to Monroe.

I assume LB will meet/park at my place and I'll drive. We can meet you at the Park&Ride in Snohomish on Hwy9 and go north from there.

I will be coming up from Federal Way and am willing to stop along the way to pick up anyone that wants a ride, I have 3 xtra seats. I will be comming up I-5 so if you're on the route and want a ride let me know. If your'e comming from farther south and want to stop in FW not a problem either.

No puddles at 30MPH I promise, 25 maybe but not 30. ;):blink::)

No puddles at 30MPH I promise, 25 maybe but not 30. :blink:  ;)  ;)

Now behave yourself, LR. You need those tires for June 4. :)

I found Sugarloaf, my 2nd watchtower cache at an elevation of over 5800', this week end while in Leavenworth and not a single flat tire on the Land Rover did get a little muddy though. Of course I did take it a little easier as I was all by myself. :)

The 28th is the date! Some have said that can't make it that date and may got up the week before.

I agree that the Frito Pie's should be when we get back to the trailhead. I would still pack a lunch for the trail.

What time should we get started? I'm thinking 8:30am to so we get back fairly early. Any earlier and those in the south end will have to get up pretty early to get there. Any later and.....

Recdiver,

You're more than welcome to park at my place.

According to the above post, 8:30 was the time to meet at the trailhead. I'd guess it'll take at least an hour to get there from Monroe, and personally I'd feel more comfortable with 1.5 hours, so let's say 7am at my house...and if we need to stop at Starbucks for you or LB before we head out, make it 6:45. :huh:

If we end up being a little early, we can always cache along the way. :P

Gosh, apparently I neglected to track this thread and nearly forgot about it until...

LandRover just now kindly emailed me privately with an offer of wheels so - count me in! Great LR, 6:30 7 am is fine - will peck more details on the rendezvous by email.

This promises to be yet another great Got Frio Pies? run. Is there anything else we need? Little Blue - I believe paper BOWLS would be best for Frito Pies, if you need/want I can bring a gaggle - how many folks have we got going now?

Allanon- I'll meet you guys at your house at 7 am or slightly before- GG I'll bring bowls not plates, thanks, and

Can we get a head count on who's showing up for this?

Putting on my best behaviour for this question... :unsure:

One head for me!

One other thing for those that may know, do we need a parking permit/pass for this adventure?

Edited by Allanon
Can we get a head count on who's showing up for this?

4 heads for us! We'll be there.

We're also going to be bringing our own lunches in case anyone was trying to figure out how much food to bring. Our kids aren't too keen on trying exciting new foods (frito pies).

Goodness - I just did a rough head count of those that hailed for sure and... Looks like we're up to at least 20 now! Correct me if I'm wrong (and add any I've missed) but looks like we have:

RWW of course, who started all this nonense.

Ray & Rose

Phil & Cathy

Allanon

All 4 Grays

hydnsek

Anonymous

LandRover

globalgirl

Kiersolvd

Marcus A

Little B

andrewri

AnalogDog

Recdiver

Not sure about NBJPoppa...

Yep, I am coming.

LandRover is picking me up and we will be travelling together.

Is there anything that I can bring? This discussion about Frito Pie has me both worried for you guys, and feeling out of the loop. Frito Pie is not on the list of things that I have ingested.

Rob

That's what I told him. But I'm not sure that's enough to convince him, we'll see.

Ahem, let me quote from the cache page:

The Boulder River Trail is family friendly, including your four-legged family members. The hike is 4.5 miles to the river and lunch so the kids should not have too much difficulty getting there. On the way back just keep walking, they'll keep up.

That applies to dads as well. He can always just wait for you at the first cache and read a book until you come back. :lol:

That's what I told him. But I'm not sure that's enough to convince him, we'll see.

Ahem, let me quote from the cache page:

The Boulder River Trail is family friendly, including your four-legged family members. The hike is 4.5 miles to the river and lunch so the kids should not have too much difficulty getting there. On the way back just keep walking, they'll keep up.

That applies to dads as well. He can always just wait for you at the first cache and read a book until you come back. :lol:

Naw, I'm pretty sure I can convince him to go