A Nice Spring Hike

Right Wing Wacko

Would anyone be interested in a group hike up the Boulder River trail? There are two caches on the trail placed by Moun10Bike and Criminal.

From the topo maps that Moun10Bike put on his cache page; it appears there is very little in the way of elevation gain. About 4 miles one way.

I've been part way in and it's a great hike!

So.... anyone game? Late May? Early June?

64afbb4d-f223-4c4f-8c51-a1522768621a.jpg

Boulder Falls

Boulder River

If we do the hike, maybe we should hide a cache on the way.

Anonymous'... Anonymous'... Anonymous'

Come to IRC later tonight... we can talk about hiking and 'placing' caches along the way. Or not placing them, as the case may be.

-=-

michelle please don't ruin the trails with tons of pointless cache!

Ok...we have serveral that say they can't make it on the 21st and no one that can't come on the 28th so unless there is any more.... how about we plan for the 28th!

I'm guessing a couple of hours to make it all the way in, a few more back. I suspect we could have lunch near the Boulder River cache (At the end of the trail).

Wear good hiking boots and dress appropriate for the weather. Bring food and water. Most of the hike is in the Boulder River Wilderness area.

Who's got the Frito-Pie fixins?

Small version of Trail Map

Large Version of Trail Map

I beleive Moun10Bike also has a 3-D version of the trailmap on his website.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
Well, I probably won't make the hike (feet and knee probably can't take 8 miles even if it is mostly flat), but I can certainly make the Frito-Pie party afterwards. :ph34r:

I should add that the first cache is a fairly easy 1 mile walk... perhaps even a little less.

I'm not in the best of shape either, and when I first started geocaching there was no way I would even consider doing a hike like this one. I still can't keep up with the real hikers. I love it when a few people come along like me so while I guard the groups flank, there is someone to talk to

:ph34r:

I will be out of town playing down in Mendicino on the 28th. I will make sure my trusty sidekick Cathy has the tools to fix up some Frito Pies for you guys and gals. I know they just won't be the same without me there, but that is the way the Frito crumbles I guess. Peace, Nolenator

I will be out of town playing down in Mendicino on the 28th.  I will make sure my trusty sidekick Cathy has the tools to fix up some Frito Pies for you guys and gals.  I know they just won't be the same without me there, but that is the way the Frito crumbles I guess.  Peace, Nolenator

Thanks, Nols, you're the best! :ph34r:

I'm happy to provide all the Frito Pie fixins, but will need help packing it all in to the end of the trail! If everyone's willing to tote in one thing (can of chili, bag of fritos) there will be a tasty lunch for all! :ph34r:

Sound OK, everyone?

Anybody have a small packpacking stove so we don't have to borrow Nolenator's?

Edited by Phil & Cathy

Oh, I thought the 'pies' would be after you got back out...not the half way point. Oh well.

I do have a one burner, propane stove I used to take with me on a motorcycle that you are welcome to use. A single bottle of propane should do.

I should add that the first cache is a fairly easy 1 mile walk... perhaps even a little less.

I'm not in the best of shape either, and when I first started geocaching there was no way I would even consider doing a hike like this one. I still can't keep up with the real hikers. I love it when a few people come along like me so while I guard the groups flank, there is someone to talk to

B)

I was wondering about the first one...well then, I might just be able to do that one...then we'll see how I feel...

As for the rear guard, you seem to do a good job out out pacing me on the few times we've walked any distance... B)

I've got a single burner propane stove and a backpacking stove the question is were are we going to do the Frito pies on the hike or back at the parking lot when we get back. Cathy you shouldn't have to bring every thing we should split it up, might want to organize it a little so we don't have too much of one thing.

So when is it gonna happen?

The 28th is the date! Some have said that can't make it that date and may got up the week before.

I agree that the Frito Pie's should be when we get back to the trailhead. I would still pack a lunch for the trail.

What time should we get started? I'm thinking 8:30am to so we get back fairly early. Any earlier and those in the south end will have to get up pretty early to get there. Any later and.....

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
That is a good hike.

I got FTF on that cache and pulled a Moun10Bike geocoin out of it. I wonder if they ever fixed that bridge of "questionable structural integrity."

Now that sounds like entertainment value! :lol: