Very Sad News

Quoddy

Monkey Girl and Turtle Boy recently received the sad news that the latest pup that they had raised for "The Seeing Eye", Pirate, has a heart condition that will probably end his life within the next year. The family is now considering having him back to give him the best final year they can. He would be in the company of their latest pup Dante with whom he had shared the house for many months. The REAL Quoddy and Pirate were always the very best of buddies.

3ef790ac-a37c-4304-8fac-653af94307d1.jpg Pirate and Scully & Mulder's Autumn on a group hike last summer.

Monkey Girl and Turtle Boy recently received the sad news that the latest pup that they had raised for "The Seeing Eye", Pirate, has a heart condition that will probably end his life within the next year. The family is now considering having him back to give him the best final year they can. He would be in the company of their latest pup Dante with whom he had shared the house for many months. The REAL Quoddy and Pirate were always the very best of buddies.

That is terrible news. I wish Pirate well, and hope he enjoys the time he has left. Its a terrible thing to lose a pet. :unsure: Its a good thing that Pirate is having a great time with his dog friends and caching! ;) Best wishes to Pirate.

It's interesting that cachers as a group seem to be such fans of dogs. Our dog is a goofy dope, but he loves a good hike in the woods and we'll mess him when his time comes.

I feel sad for anybody who goes through the loss of a beloved pet, because I know how much it can hurt. The best we can do is keep making room in our homes and our hearts for the next wet nose that comes sniffing around.