Archived Caches...

Hello!

Sorry if this is something completely obvious that I've missed somewhere, but is there any way of browsing through the archived caches? I'd be interested to know what other caches there have been in my area in the past, why they're no longer there, and if they were in a good place is it worth putting another one back.

Cheers!

ac-p

If you found them you can still look at them using you found list.

If someone provides the link for you, you can look at them.

If you're a premium member you can see them on the geocaching maps. Just check the "show archived" box and then use the identify function. It will show all the caches, even archived, on the map/list.

Other than those, there is no way to browse arhcived caches that I know of.

For example in your area:

26451579-58db-4462-b549-e4e2d8d57968.jpg

Edited by WildGooseChase

Another similar way is to check the "Include archived/unavailable" box down the bottom of the page at G:UK when doing an advanced search from wherever eg your home postcode.

I've used it a few times and it's amazing what interesting results you can get.

Edited by Dallan72
Cache Tools is also a great new feature.

I had not noticed that one before - my fault for not visiting gcuk more often. But can someone explain why it shows me as having 8 more cache finds than gc.com does. I would have expected the opposite as I thought gcuk does not include caches overseas. Or does gcuk ignore second finds of the same cache when it is in a different location and a valid new find IMHO?