National Geographic Topo

Good morning.

After going around and around with that wonderful :D tech support guy Michael Wildshut at National Geographic about support for the newer Garmin units and USB cables, it was rumored that there would be a new update to follow. It was promised for the summer... of 2004!

I have not found it yet. I don't feel much like calling or E-mailing Michael Wildshut at National Geographic about it either. I would sooner bang my head on a brick wall, there is more opportunity for reward doing that. But I was wondering if anyone has heard any more "rumors" about it.

Thanks.

Actually, this is the area I was speaking of.

TOPO Updates

TOPO 3.4.3 has been out over two years now. There was an updated version promised that would allow connectivity with the latest GPSRs and USB connections.

However, the link you provided is very interesting by itself. I will need to investigate it further. Thanks.

Edited by Desert_Warrior

Very interesting indeed!

One question not answered by the stuff I have read. Once installed, is it possible to view maps in the original flat form as well as in the new 3-D form. I am a reporter for Localhikes.com, and I must submit the maps in flat form on that site.

Also - does it work with Back Roads Explorer?

Please reply ASAP, I am ready to order it.

Thanks.

Edited by Desert_Warrior