What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

Perhaps the question should really be: How old is the average Geocacher on the inside?

The outside tends to age, but many of us stay the same age on the inside . . . . while I look 73 on the outside, my optomitrist said my eyes look I am 12 years old on the inside.

So, I am guessing I never got older than 12 on the inside. ;)

Edited by Dakota Jim

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :unsure:

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

me 35 grandmother 82 she never drove a car she walks everywhere, i give out before her everytime :lol:

I'm 26, and AT Hiker Wannabe is 2, so our average age is 14 :rolleyes:. As for WW2 vets who cache, my grandfather will go caching with us sometimes if it doesn't involve long car rides or tough terrain. He's found about 4 with us, I think. He's nearly 83 now. He's living in his hometown, and it's actually pretty cool to go caching there with him because he remembers how it was in the 30s. We don't get to see my grandparents too often, but one of the unexpected benefits of ATHW caching with his great grandpa is that they both have a really good time together.

I'm 37 (38 next month), hubby is 41 and son is 5. We've been to a few events and the age range really is all over the place. At our last meet, we had everything from pregnant moms and toddlers to retired seniors with great-grandkids. It was a nice mix.

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :)

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

I am a card carrying member of the AARP