What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

:D

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :D

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

This is going to shoot a hole in your age average. I am 59, my husband is 60. My Mom caches and she is 85. My brother is 60 and his wife is 50. When their daughter got married last fall at age 34. They bought her and her husband a GPS for their wedding. JJ is around 33.Their other daughter is 22 and her fiance is 23 and they both cache. OUR sons and their wives cache. They are 37 and 35 and their wives are 36 and 34. THEIR kids caches and they are 12 and 10. Soon, there will be another grandchild and we plan on taking him caching with us and he will be less than a year. Do we win a prize for the most ages and most family cachers :blink:

I would guess we're in the 45 and older range. I own over 100 caches in south Texas. They rarely get found until the winter when the Winter Texans show up. Then, once they're in the area, it's a feeding frenzy. There have been days when I've had over 50 found emails. BTW, I'm 50. Personally, I think this is the perfect activity for getting retired people out and about, doing something other than golf. As for us younger sorts, the same applies. I'm in Seoul, Korea now and have explored this city much more vigorously because of geocaching than if I didn't participate. Local cachers take me to wonderful spots I'd never find on my own.

I would guess we're in the 45 and older range. I own over 100 caches in south Texas. They rarely get found until the winter when the Winter Texans show up. Then, once they're in the area, it's a feeding frenzy. There have been days when I've had over 50 found emails. BTW, I'm 50. Personally, I think this is the perfect activity for getting retired people out and about, doing something other than golf. As for us younger sorts, the same applies. I'm in Seoul, Korea now and have explored this city much more vigorously because of geocaching than if I didn't participate. Local cachers take me to wonderful spots I'd never find on my own.

I'm 13. I won't say my parents are really cachers, they just drive me around. It's tough when you can't drive, but sometimes I bike to a cahe with my brother and sister who are the same age as me. (yes, I'm a triplet.)

If you are a Triplet - you can multiply your finds by 3

I am 28, hubby is 27, our daughter is 3 and she LOVES going "treasure hunting" with us. We just introduced my sister who is 22, her hubby who is 28, and their 2 little ones who are 2 and 1 to the sport. It is a great family activity, although somewhat difficult managing 2 strollers and 3 kids under 3 while bushwhacking. lol :sunsure:

35 - and I'll continue until I can no longer crawl around in the brush...or get the little'uns to do it.

Don't see many tweens or 20-somethings. Maybe they're too cool for it. Maybe we don't want them doing it because then we'd all be fishing out logs and pens from beer bottles. :sunsure:

Had geocaching existed 20 years ago (it only started in 2000), I would have definitely been doing it and continued through the years.

Wonder if the young'uns out there (<20) who enjoy it today will still be doing it in their 20's, 30's, 40's, etc.?

I'm 36(this september) and my daughter is 4. so far only the two of us have done caches together (3) or i have gone myself after biz mtg (4) for a total of 7. we are planning on making it a family event as much as possible..bringing the 2yr old boy with us and my wife wants to join as well 36.

If my daughter gets her wish and finds a train/thomas the train related cache for her brother he will be hooked for sure at such a young age ! LOL

I would say that that is about normal, but our group is as follows:

Me 18

Friend 19

Friend 19

Brother 16

Brother 10

I started when I was 14 with my brother, my dad bought a gps and didnt know how to use it so we kinda "borrowed" it.

Best gift for any kid is a GPS in my mind

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :rolleyes:

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

I'll bee 55 this October, a note to fellow 'cachers that have osteoporosis: be careful of scree and slippery surfaces like pine needles and lil pincones. this could be a really good way for olf folks like us to get hurt and fracture a hip. Cache On, but have a care!

I'm 25 and my girlfriend is 24 and we both cache. We started 3 years ago, so we got into it at 22 and 21 respectively. I was under the impression that most cachers would be young parents with young kids around 6-10 years old, but looks like that was a dumb assumption on my part.

I am 49, started 2 years ago... I try to get my children to come caching with me, but they would rather do something else. My daughter who is 20 will come with me once in a while. I love spending time with them all. Maybe someday they will do more so they can visit the great places that geocaching brings you to.