What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

44 in a couple of weeks, spouse is 45. FIRST baby is 2. "They" told me I was considered a "geriatric" mother when I had the baby at age 42. HA!

BTW: Daddy is intent on teaching the kid all the joys of building your own ham radios and such. Perhaps there is a nice second wave of geeks in the making.

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :huh:

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

Yep - I' :yikes: m 40 too

:) let's see...I am posting now so I can say that I am 56...by the end of the month I won't be :) So I was born in 1949...that's MDCCCCXLIX....then subtract my #of caches from my birthdate IN ROMAN NUMERALS ONLY and you will get the corrdinates for my next geocache....making an age cache just for you all! :D

My son, who will have a geocache id soon, has been geocaching in utero for the past two months, and he was born Thursday night just before midnight (making him basically 3 days old) . Tomorrow he will go with me to replace a cache that appears to have turned up MIA.

His 3 year-old sister is excited about taking him geocaching with us for real.

So, do I log all those finds he tagged along on for him, or does he have to start from scratch?

Hoot!

Almost 500 responses!

So at that milestone will the OP use these posts to derive an average age and answer the question?

Of course then we'll only have the average age of the 500 responders. :o

Still, it'd be an interesting thing to know... and even more interesting to see if anyone would really read 500 logs to get the numbers! :anibad:

Maybe just ask Groundspeak - aren't members birthdays part of the data they keep? They could answer this question (if modified to 'the average age of a Groundspeak-member geocacher') with a quick database query!

Isn't Jeremy working on a demographics survey? Surely this stat will be in it, maybe even broken out by geographic area.

Oh, and I am now a year older than when this question was asked!

Anyone who has had a birthday since the OP must update their post!

Ed