What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :D

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

My wife is 64 and I am 66.

Mr N Mrs Ftjak

My dad, who has fairly advanced Alzheimer's and my mom, who beat Breast cancer last year cache. Dad is 72 and mom is 69. They are closing in on cache number 900. I am 46, wife is 45, kids are 26, 19, 18, 16, 15, and 10. All have cached at some point. My sister caches, she is 42, husband is 50, and their kids are 22, 20, 16, 15, 13, 10 and 5. Yep, mom and dad got 13 grandkids from just two of us. Had to pick up caching so we would stop making babies!! Didn't average out the age, but I am sure someone will. Mom turns 70 next May, hopefully she will have 1000 finds by then!

I am 51, fat and crippled yet quite handsome. My wife GeoRose is 52, slim, active and lovely. Our kids are boys 31, 29, 24 (and his wife, my DIL is 24) and 17, our adopted daughter 24 and daughter 16.

All of us cache to some degree.

GeoRose has somewhere around 100 finds, but she only goes with me to caches that I have found and know to be well-stocked traditionals.

The kids all have somewhere between 40-60 finds, mostly just to tag along with their old man.

All of my family enjoys camping and the outdoors, none of them quite 'get' geocaching!

Have fun out there!

Ed

I'm 3 1/2. I was born on April 30 2003.... the day I found my first cache

:( That's cute. :( Lep had a formula for figuring out a person's age by the date of when they first started caching, but I can't remember what it was now.

I'm 31, my husband's 33, my daughter is 12 and my son is 9. I won't mention my parents, brother, or MIL's ages just in case they want to be secretive about it. :) They can post if they wanna. :D

I'm 3 1/2. I was born on April 30 2003.... the day I found my first cache

:( That's cute. :( Lep had a formula for figuring out a person's age by the date of when they first started caching, but I can't remember what it was now.

I'm 31, my husband's 33, my daughter is 12 and my son is 9. I won't mention my parents, brother, or MIL's ages just in case they want to be secretive about it. :) They can post if they wanna. :D

Based solely on this post, the average age of a geocacher is 21.25. :)

We've been caching since Feb 2002 - our group covers 7, 10,11, 36 & 38 - we felt like we were some of the young ones in the area until we went to the NY Geocachers event this weekend and bumped into some people who went to the same college that my husband and I met at it. So, we told the couple "oh, we met there in 1986" - the 'girl' part of the couple then said - Wow, I was ONE YRS OLD in 1986! Ugghhhh - talk about feelin' OLD!

I am 40, my hubby is 32, my daughter usually goes with me and she is 3-1/2. I will start taking my son with us on the easy jaunts after he is born in November.

I just started geocaching this past weekend on a camping trip in Colorado, but I think it is a great way for people of all ages to see new country, get some exercise and just have a lot of fun. It is a great way for family members to spend quality time together.