What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :(

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

If older people are 35-50, what am I at 81 and the XYL is 80. I am older than the last time I replied to this post. As of today, I have 1463 finds. Found my last caches on Vancouver Island, BC. A great place for senic caches. If I hadn't developed Acute Wry Neck I would have 1500 by now. Had to call off the trip and come home as the XYL can't drive a automatic shift. Dick, W7WT

I'm 46. My S.O., who got me into this hobby, is 42; his kids, who sometimes cache with him, are going on 14 (they're twins)...so our average age is about 29.

However, I mostly cache with my companions-in-fur; the Old Man is 11.5, which is comparable to a human between 68 and 75, and the Lurcher Lass is 8, which for a dog her size is comparable to a human in mid-50s. Dunno what THAT does to the average. :laughing:

Hi all, be 42 in 2 weeks, I just started caching and wasn't sure why I was loving it so much, thought maybe I was losing it LOL, but it's nice to see that most are around my age. Been using a gps for more than 10 years, got an old magellan gps pioneer still, used it for fishing, hunting hiking and anything else outdoors. Just bought a garmin 60csx this past spring and have been using it steady, and just found out about geocaching since i got it, but didn't really understand what it was. Now i've already found 6 in a week and am hooked. 60Csx brings me right to them.

One of us is 60, the other is 58. We would have started geocaching much younger if it had been around way back when! We introduced our daughter and boyfriend to the hobby - they are 21 and 22; and they've gotten some other people hooked on geocaching now. We love seeing young families out geocaching together, and we often see people our age too! It's a great hobby since people of any age can participate, and we hope to continue caching for many years to come!