What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

oh, let's see, I was born in 1957, so, let's see....carry the one...no,no, that's not right, put that one back....no,no, that's right, carry the one....now, where did I put that one.....

(it's h*ll gettin' old....can't remember where you put stuff....then when you do find it, can't remember why you were lookin' for it ......)

now, where did I put that cache........

Lessee, geocached all day Saturday, sat in the stands for the NASCAR Aaron's 499 (It's still called the Talladega 500 down here and always will be!) all day Sunday, so today I feel, oh, 80.

I'll sleep in today, wake feeling refreshed and, say, 41

My wife is 52 but looks 19, so if she gets that gleam in her eye I will feel 20, until after, when I'll feel 90.

Then someone will call me to geocache, and I will suddenly feel 19 again.

So, on average I feel 50, which is a good age to feel since I was born in '55!

Wow...  Only 3 or 4 people older than I am (57) have responded.  :D

That is startling. When I am out in the woods and I can smell the pine needles and the fresh dirt and maybe see a deer or a snake and wanting to go around just one more bend in the trail I am still 16 and full of wonder and anticipation . . . .

Isn't that the truth! Amazing how Geocaching reverses chronological age so dramatically. :(

Still 70 until July, heading for Alaska mid May for two weeks of strenuous off in the boonies birding and then, accompanied by Carleenp's dad (73), some geocaching in the more civilized parts of the state. :unsure:

NevaP, aka Carleen's mom, still trying to decide what she wants to be when she grows up.

There was some surveys done a few years back and the median age was around 38. Ancedotally we have noticed (mostly from photos) that it shifts to a younger demographic when you look at Europe.

The average family who play together have kids between the ages of 6-12. And the primary web site user is male (not a huge shocker).

49 next month. The great philosopher Jimmy Buffett says, "I'm gowing older, but not up". When you've been in the sandbox with folks almost 30 years your junior and are in better shape, age is not a factor. Alas, that is no longer the situation. Geocaching is my replacement for other long walks now that I'm fighting the Battle of the Bulge. :unsure:

They say you are really really OLD when you brag about it. I turned 80 on the

23rd of April. I have found 857 caches and hope to hit 1000 this year. I am a

WWII veteran. I would be interested in how many WWII veterans are ACTIVE

Geocachers. Dick, W7WT