What Is The Average Age Of A Geocacher?

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :grin:

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

You're not far off. I posted this same question in the UTAG forums a while ago. I found that most are in their 40's. Though I myself am 22.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the same question posted here before too, I'm pretty sure it came out the same.

Edited by Black Mage

We're 33 and 43; my mom caches with us (67), as do his mom and dad (both 64); my sister and nephew also come up to cache with us a lot (39 and 8). My sister and her husband got us started (both 32). I guess that makes our average age 42-ish. :grin:

My guess is that it is more popular with older people (35-50) than the younger folks... I could be wrong.

Please don't misinterpret my age range, I'm not saying 35 to 50 is "being old"! I think your old when you stop moving!!! lol... :grin:

by the way, I'll be 33 this month...

you're

Forty something, and soon to be forty and a little something more.

I second your observation. With some notable and impressive exceptions, this is not a young person's sport. I find that very depressing, because I thought I'd got my hands around something youthful and Xtreme at last. Feh!

My SO thinks it's because the geek gene is dying out. You know, the guys who soldered together ham radios in a shed in the bottom of the garden and stuff. I hope he's wrong. We need geeks, and never more than now.

Actually I failed to tell the WHOLE truth... Team HHD1 is My wife 30, Daughter 10, Son 6, and myself...

Glad to see folks of all ages enjoy this sport. I guess this is ONE thing that joins all generations. Not common among most things at all.

Anyone else?, don't be scared - nothing to be ashamed of... I don't look at it as a year older; I see it as God giving me a promotion! :grin:

Edited by Team HHD1
My kids treat me like Im 60.

My older brother treats me like Im 10.

I wish I was 25.

Somedays I feel like Im 70.

:grin:

This age question used to get asked at least 3 times a month, but I hadn't noticed it in at least 8 weeks or so. But maybe I've been missed it the last six(?) times?

Aww now cmon! I said I think old is when you stop moving... !!! Please don't drop the guilt trip on me!

I know a man who is 73 and can out do me on nearly everything with few exceptions. ahem...

How bout if I said you're old when you reach 100 years of age? Now there's some time under your belt, but with the help of a scooter you can still GeoCache! :grin:

I'm 45, so that would put me in the OLDER PEOPLE group?????? When the heck did that happen? :grin:

Kind of makes me wonder what group those 51 and older are in........ :P

Edited by cjf

I am a spry 32 and my caching partner(most of the time) EmGeo is going to be 3 in June. My only very infrequently caching wife is 33 and we have a future male geocacher due in August. I guess we bring the average age down a bit when we start counting into the future. :D