Installing Pdb To Zire 31

Hey All,

Lemme know if I posted this in the wrong place.

I just got a Palm 31 and was looking forward to using CacheMate to do a little paperless caching. I exported the PDB file and ran HotSync. As best as I can tell the application was uploaded to the Palm, but I don't see any way of running the application. Can anyone help me out?

I see the application in the list of apps when I go to the Delete menu, but no way of running it. Help! :D

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for the reply NightPilot. I did indeed try to install the application but couldn't find it anywhere on the palm. I list all icons from all categories and it's just not there. The Palm is brand new. Something else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for the reply NightPilot.  I did indeed try to install the application but couldn't find it anywhere on the palm.  I list all icons from all categories and it's just not there.  The Palm is brand new.  Something else I might be doing wrong?

Look in the "Unfiled" category. If you can't find CacheMate, delete it using the Delete menu and try reinstalling the PRC using the "Quick Install" icon. Don't try installing any PDB files until after you've successfully run CacheMate on the Zire at least once. This will give you time to enter your registration code before dealing with PDBs. If you haven't registered CacheMate yet, all of your PDBs will be truncated to 10 caches.

edit: too many "it's"

Edited by TresOkies++

Another (perhaps unnecessary) piece of advice per instructions: make sure you install Cachemate to internal memory. It won't run off the SD card. You *can* install your PDB files to the card; CacheMate will scan the card to find them.

OK, figured it out. I am, indeed, a moron. I thought that the CacheMate application was included in the PDB file that GSAK creates. Didn't realize that you had to install it separately. I installed it and I'm good to go. Did my first paperless caches yesterday. SWEET!

Thanks for all the help.