Team Fisur Geocoin Giveaway

Our dad is a collector of Geocoins. This is one that he has had on his list for a long time of coins he is looking for. We live almost 4 hours away from him, so we don't get to see him that much. This would make the best Father's Day present for us to give him. Thanks for the chance to win this.

Edited by Kache Kids

I would love to be the recipient of your Team FISUR Coin (October 2002 – May 2005) I am pretty new to this addiction and I am not going to be seeking geocaching anonymous, We are not having the best of weather here in Michigan and I it makes it difficult to go out caching, this would be the ultimate fix for me. Good luck on your hunt….

Hey, i should get it because I've never seen one up close, We in south carolina don't have any geocoins, so i'm out of luck to see one. please give it to me. I like rhode island, is there really a paragon city there like in the game "City of Heroes"?? you should give it to the best avatar " that is mine " :grin:

It's very admirable that you are willing to part with your last one instead of making a trade for something else for your collection. Even tho you stated there were no trades, if you offered me the coin, I'd have to give you something in return...a hearty Thank You and a smile for reminding us all that it's the generosity of the wonderful people involved in geocaching that make it so much fun ! :grin:

It would be my 1st! I would have it attatched by a local jewler to a new travel bug and place it in my 1st cache. I have thought long and hard about this cache and I am currently making it. This coin would travel with the TB to many hands so many would get a chance to hold this coin. I would love to see how far this coin/TB will go. I'll even send you the TB number as soon as it arrives!

This would be the best FTF item!

*fingers crossed!* :grin:

Just tell us in one short sentence why the Team FISUR geocoin should be in your collection.  We'll pick someone on or about May 7.

Because I'll list it at no charge on the CoinTracking.com web site where all the others who possess one or more of them in their own collections of it can list their "ownership" and/or willingness to trade (also at no charge).

--Marc

I should get it because it will go into my personal collection, and once something goes into my collection, it is stored safely, well cared-for, treated with respect, and adored and admired by all who shall be so fortunate as to see it.

If you can't decide send it to me. I sell the USA Geocoins and I won't keep it but I could just place it in a random order for you.

You could also maybe find someone that is in the process of building a difficult cache and make it a nice FTF item.

I think you should give it to Moun10Bike because without him, geocoins might never have existed.

Excellent, I agree completely. Give it to the person who perhaps deserves it the most, yet doesn't ask for it. And if that doesn't work, give it to Mauison for thinking of another instead of oneself.

Unfortunately the coin violates our logo usage guidelines. So no one else get ideas to modify the logo please!

On topic, we're trying to collect as many geocoins as we can to keep an ongoing record of them at Groundspeak.

Just for clarification, we received permission to make these geocoins with the anchor design from Groundspeak in 2002. Soon thereafter, Groundspeak received updated legal advice indicating that the geocaching.com logo must remain pristine (i.e., there can be no alterations) in order to protect its trademark. We very much respect the legal implications involved.

That's why we can't make anymore Team FISUR geocoins with this design. And that's why this is definitely the last one (unless we find another one in the garage).

Team FISUR

Youir coin should be in my wallet, along with the AGA #1 minted, given to me in appreciation for helping get them made, the GGA geocoin and my personal "lucky" Silver Dollar that was put in my grandfather's wallet in 1923, then passed to my father's wallet and now to mine. And, we 3 men over 82 years haven't lost a wallet, so you know it'll be safe!

I am an avid geocacher, a leader in my state association, well-known throughout the Southeast, and attend events all over the country, where geocachers from around the world are encouraged to view, enjoy and log the geocoins.

I would love to take it to GeoWoodstockIII later this month!

I work hard to promote geocaching, respect the concepts behind geocoins (Still have my Navy Division coin) and will represent you, your coin and the game well.

I don't know why you are giving away your last geocoin, but if you would like you can retain ownership and let me carry it to geocachers and geocaching events, where it will be seen and logged regularly.

Thank you for your consideration,

Ed

Because Joani will make you one of these:

f680e2cd-334d-4304-9874-684ed72c1ccf.jpg

:(

--Marky

So if I get the coin and give it to you Marky, would she make one of those for me? :(

I have one of those and I highly reccomend it. It's kept me warm though the winter while curled up on the sofa watching TV.

El Diablo

No need to pass the GeoCoin my way. I have had SEVERAL of them pass through my hands already. Yes, they are the finest GeoCoins to have ever graced our fair planet, but geocaching is not about the swag, it is about the experience. By passing on each Team Fisur GeoCoin that I removed from a cache, I hope to have added the experience of handling one on to one or more additional cachers.

I am the anti-collector.

-WR