Hey Canada!

Dennisfauchez

Thought this is the time of year when everyone is finally hosing off the Salt residue from their cache mobiles and getting ready to hit the Streets and Trails again.

So I thought it would be a nice way to start off the season by Bragging a bit about your Cache-Mobiles....

Please post some pics of your rides here and give us a bit of a description :D

Thanks

Happy Caching

-D- :D

Edited by Dennisfauchez

Here is my Cash car... I mean Cache Car.

At least it's the summer one. Had to go for the convertible in order to get the additional Satellite coverage!!

Definitely helps getting from cache to cache quickly. (as long as there are not dirt roads involved)

Fizbot

9f6148f8-6c9b-4004-ae5d-5a33cb52cd50.jpg

Edited by fizbot

So far we've walked to nearby ones or driven our Subaru Wagon. However, inspired by the couple of bike pictures above I just ordered a bike mount from GPSCity. I ride a lot from March through November and had been wondering how best to combine biking and caching. Now I know, thanks!

Ian

PS - this is my second post ... what does 'Tadpole' mean on the left? I'm guessing it changes the more posts you make?

For those off-road caches, I use my Jeep:

5day-17.jpg

For on-road, I use my '91 VW Jetta turbo Diesel (gutless but frugal) or my wife's '92 VW Eurovan Westfalia camper for those longer highway campin' trips. I found the most in the Jetta, though.

GeoBC

So far we've walked to nearby ones or driven our Subaru Wagon. However, inspired by the couple of bike pictures above I just ordered a bike mount from GPSCity. I ride a lot from March through November and had been wondering how best to combine biking and caching. Now I know, thanks!

Ian

Glad to see you like the idea. I'm actually combining three hobbies with my bike. The cycling itself, the geocaching, and the antenna on the back is used for my amateur radio. Every time there's a walkathon or similar event in the area, I volunteer to provide a route patrol, complete with radio communications back to the event headquarters.

PS - this is my second post ... what does 'Tadpole' mean on the left? I'm guessing it changes the more posts you make?

Hi there! You are correct that it changes, but just once. When you hit "10" posts, you become a "Geocacher," forever and always, unless you become a Premium Member, in which case, you can change your Forum Title to whatever you like. We happen to enjoy "The Princess Bride." (We are a family of cachers, so you get a family movie reference in our title B).)

On topic, our caching vehicle is usually a Ford Windstar if we take the dog, a Saturn LS 2 if we don't. We're not big offroading people, but the Windstar has been offroad a couple of times!! B)

MaisOui

bikeonhill.JPG

This is MY cache mobile. I love this thing. Built it from nothing up. It maxs out at about 60 on flat land, but I've gotten it to about 70-80 on hills (I plan to set a personal best thi summer and record my speed with the GPS)

:unsure:

:blink:

-D-

Edited by Dennisfauchez

OK, I just couldn't resist posting this image. Sometimes the bicycle isn't quite so slow as you might think. I snapped this image while on a caching trip today. Just so you know what to look for, the GPS is set to display four numbers. The top number is the speed, in km/hr. the next number down is the current time, then the distance to go, and finally the direction to turn at the bottom.

2268c847-a6bd-4e87-8113-6dbf9c9e6927.jpg

Let's see, bikes aren't allowed on the 400 series highways so you must've been on secondary roads where the limit is 80kmh. I'm afraid I'm going to have to report you for speeding - and this is a 3 point ticket! ;)

All kiddin' aside, I concede that you've earned the kamikaze geo-cycling crown!