5/5 Caches

Cinco de Mayo is coming. This year, it's even more special because the date will be 5/5/05. Of course, because of an expected snowstorm next week, the City of Colorado Springs is pushing it off until Quince de Mayo (May 15th) but that's another thread. ;)

I've been working on placing a 5/5 cache in honor of the unique date we are approaching. I know of one other in Colorado that's being planned by Tahosha and Sons. Anyone else working on a special cache for this date? No, I'm not asking for details that might make your cache easier to find, but if you would like to share the basic info about it go right ahead.

My cache is titled "Cinco de Saxo" and is a 5/5, 5-stage multi-puzzle. No container will be within 5 feet of the ground. There is a first finder prize based on the theme (gee, I wonder what the theme is?).

The Chef's Special which is stage one of the 5 x 5 is done. But when the Dessert is finally approved I will have to probably disable it until it clears up a little in that back country. There has to be at least a foot of new white stuff up there on top of what was there when I placed the cache a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow I will go back up and check on the the first clue of the Dessert but will be bucking snow all the way in, and its about 2.5 miles one way to the clue. And its uphill for a lot of feet. And they have to even find this one just to find out where to start the really big hike.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons

Last year I hid 04/04/04 (at 4444 N. 44th St.) which turned out to be inadvertently difficult to find, and had more than 30 teams watching it at one point. One team wondered if I would be hiding another on 05/05/05, and I immediately vowed to hide one every year until 12/12/12. Althought it isn't a 5/5, Cinco! Cinco! Cinco! has been hidden, and is awaiting release on 05/05/05.

Cinco de Mayo is coming. This year, it's even more special because the date will be 5/5/05. Of course, because of an expected snowstorm next week, the City of Colorado Springs is pushing it off until Quince de Mayo (May 15th) but that's another thread. :D

I've been working on placing a 5/5 cache in honor of the unique date we are approaching. I know of one other in Colorado that's being planned by Tahosha and Sons. Anyone else working on a special cache for this date? No, I'm not asking for details that might make your cache easier to find, but if you would like to share the basic info about it go right ahead.

My cache is titled "Cinco de Saxo" and is a 5/5, 5-stage multi-puzzle. No container will be within 5 feet of the ground. There is a first finder prize based on the theme (gee, I wonder what the theme is?).

Did not think beer was allowed as a FTF? :(

Just add snowshoes to the description and you've got your "special equipment required" part taken care of :laughing:

Specialized equipment is not a mandatory requirement :

Terrain rating: 5

***** Requires specialized equipment and knowledge or experience, (boat, 4WD, rock climbing, SCUBA, etc) or is otherwise extremely difficult.

Just add snowshoes to the description and you've got your "special equipment required" part taken care of :laughing:

Specialized equipment is not a mandatory requirement :

Terrain rating: 5

***** Requires specialized equipment and knowledge or experience, (boat, 4WD, rock climbing, SCUBA, etc) or is otherwise extremely difficult.

Isn't "mandatory requirement" redundant? :laughing:

Off topic, but this reminds me of a story that happened to my father's friend when I was a kid. On July 7, 1977 (7/7/77) at the old Aksarben horse track in Omaha Nebraska, my dad's friend bet $7,000 on the #7 horse in the 7th race.

OI VEY!!! I've been trying to do Cinco! Cinco! Cinco! for almost hmmmm 3 hours today.

Started at lunch...no go

Came back an hour after lunch (with backup) found 1 part....alas marked "This is not the cache" although it did have a log sheet which I signed furiously!!!

Am pondering trying to go back in the morning. I have a theory...now to just see if it plays out that's a different story.

I will find this cache!!!

Cinco de Saxo is ready for the first victim :D

Well Cinco de Saxo fell this week end actually one month after posting. Myself MtnBirders and Mondou2 did the cache in one massive push on Sunday, 06/05/05. A couple weeks ago Mtnbirders and myself figured out the secret code used in Cinco de Saxo. Mtnbirder was able to confirm that we were on the right path as he live close to the area of the cache while I live about 70 miles away. But we were not able to met up till this last weekend with Mondou2 join up with us. We went from waypoint to waypoint, yes with a few gliches. At one point wer ran into another team that was working on the Cinco de Saxo but they were on the way to the final, which was there third attempt to try and find, but more on that later. Well team MMA pushed on grabbed 3 other cache in route and finally ran in to the other team as the wondered around the site of the final. But with my trusty GPS and compass in had team MMA was vixtorious in the final find. But being the good folks that cachers are we all celebrated and after much rejoicing and a few pics we called it a day.

I want to thank Saxman for this very enjoyable cache, some day I can quit taking Mortin for the pain I hope. It was a very interesting cache. So job well done Saxman. O' and the camo on the final container was GREAT.

cheers