Brain Buster

The difficult is overrated by at least 2 1/2 stars.

I agree, this one isn't very tough, although it is a good idea... Nevermind, I was wrong. The puzzles win again. Anyway...

In a Finntroll's Dark Moor is the only puzzle cache I've hidden that's "hard". I actually wanted to lower the rating, but everyone in the area told me to leave it alone.

I suck at puzzles, so it's not suprising that this one has me utterly stumped. I don't know where to start... so I never have. :D

By the way, don't give away the solutions to either of these in a post. I'm sure no owner of a puzzle cache would appreciate it.

Edited by Vargseld?
The difficult is overrated by at least 2 1/2 stars.

I suck at puzzles, so it's not suprising that this one has me utterly stumped. I don't know where to start... so I never have. :D

I got that one in 5 minutes. Of course, I'm not driving all the way to FL to find it now. :D Too bad most of the puzzle ones that are close by aren't as easy for me. Some of these things just hurt my brain. I'm not going to get mad, though. I'm going to get even! I have a pretty twisted idea to inflict on others, once I find a place to locate it. :D

Some nice clever puzzles listed. It gives me some ideas. Here is a link to my puzzle cache that had local cachers working on trying to solve the puzzle for a couple of weeks. One family caching team solved it first and were FTF. After that, a big group of cachers did a group hunt. The cache is a multi, with each step having a different puzzle.

Temple of Quack

I had to "wing it" , but still figured it out in under five minutes. The difficult is overrated by at least 2 1/2 stars.

Do you mean you decoded the first part in 5 minutes or the whole thing? If you meant the latter I'm impressed. I'm still stuck at step #3. :D

Check out the puzzle caches by this user.

I just look at most of the pages, get an instant headache, and move on to a different cache. :D

Here is another one that I don't have even a tiny clue about. :D

Fortunately, there are at least 2000 other caches in this area, so I don't have to stress out over the fact that I can't do puzzle caches . . . at all! :D

B)

I had to "wing it" , but still figured it out in under five minutes. The difficult is overrated by at least 2 1/2 stars.

Do you mean you decoded the first part in 5 minutes or the whole thing? If you meant the latter I'm impressed. I'm still stuck at step #3. :D

I just got through it all after about 2 hours. This one's very well done. There's no less than seven discrete stages required to get to the final coordinates. Each stage has a different kind of puzzle to solve. Hmmm...this has given me some good ideas. :D

Do you mean you decoded the first part in 5 minutes or the whole thing? If you meant the latter I'm impressed. I'm still stuck at step #3. :P

I just got through it all after about 2 hours. This one's very well done. There's no less than seven discrete stages required to get to the final coordinates. Each stage has a different kind of puzzle to solve. Hmmm...this has given me some good ideas. :grin:

I solved the first part in five minutes. I didn't have time to continue. I had horse stalls to clean, and 2 1/2 acres to weed. I have too many puzzles to sovle here at home.

Here are the two that intrigue me most.

Crop Circles

and

The Dragonfly Scroll

Ooooo! :D

Those really make my head hurt! :D

I been stareing at this one since it posted last week and have no idea what to do!

GCNKK5

So these others are definately outta my league!!

I SUCK at puzzles!!

D-man :(

WELL, Slap me with a wet fish!!

I think I finally figured it out!

Tomorrow we shall see!

D-man :(

If you like puzzle caches this is a good one to try. You can do the puzzle part at home.

Lateral Thinking

Warning: Once you get started it sucks you in! I've been giving my noggin a flogging trying to crack the code.  :D

interesting concept but over rated sadly

I advise anyone that thinks this cache is over rated to try to actually solve it, rather than just "think" they've figured out the puzzle.

When I first looked at it, I thought "Oh, this one is easy, I know what to do". The problem is, that just gets you to the next level of the puzzle.

I haven't solved it yet, but I do think it's a great puzzle and probably worth the rating it has listed.

Is there a way to run a pocket query for these kinds of caches?

Id like to load them into my PDA, give me something to do when i'm bored at work.

You could just make PQ and uncheck all the cache types except Unknown Cache type. Center it around your zipcode and you should be set. Or, center it around Sunnyvale, California or Livermore, California if you are sadistic.

--Marky

Ooooo! ;)

Those really make my head hurt! :smile:

I been stareing at this one since it posted last week and have no idea what to do!

GCNKK5

So these others are definately outta my league!!

I SUCK at puzzles!!

D-man :D

WELL, Slap me with a wet fish!!

I think I finally figured it out!

Tomorrow we shall see!

D-man :unsure:

;):D

1038.jpg

NUTS!!!

Back to the drawing board! :anibad:

I just got through it all after about 2 hours.  This one's very well done.  There's no less than seven discrete stages required to get to the final coordinates.  Each stage has a different kind of puzzle to solve.  Hmmm...this has given me some good ideas. :(

Huzzah! After 3 nights I finally cracked all the codes for "Lateral Thinking". Thanks to a good clue from Nellsnake that got me unstuck at step #3. This is not as easy as it looks in the beginning. Now I just have to go out and find the actual physical cache.

:(

Here is one of the puzzle caches on the top of my list: The Sphere

Don't expect to solve this one easily.

--Marky

This one took about an hour to solve, and yes It will set your brain on fire. This cache hider gets kudos for throwing everyone under the bus! The way this was done is way too cool.

we own both of the puzzle caches in our home town - one is an elaborate offset cache that is more difficult to find than to figure out the coordinates, but the other is more of a real brain excercise - Heart of Gold. The only problem is that since so few people cache here and much fewer prefer puzzle caches, these are our two least popular caches. I'm not sure if it is just the question mark symbol that turns people away, but they certainly don't get much attention even though the puzzle part of them is quite easy. The hides are the only reason they are rated over a 1 star difficulty.

Because I have a really hard time with puzzles, I have the PQs sent with the puzzle caches eliminated . . . therefore I never even see the cache pages with a Question Mark in front of them.

The irony is that I own a "puzzle" cache. It is a very simple two-stage multi, but the end point had to be a couple of miles away . . . hence it had to be classified as a Puzzle . . . instead of a Multi . . . at least I think that is what happened.

We did Lateral Thinking a while ago. I finished the first part quickly enough, but didn't know what that puzzle was leading me to. Luckily, CB knew what it was telling me to look for. Once I knew that, the rest of the puzzles took me about an hour to figure out. The worst thing was knowing where to find the cache container, and having to wait weeks to get out and sign the log. No worries though, we did it and loved it! We can't wait for Brew to put out his next puzzle!

MB

The Clairvoyant in Chester is a classic challenge: it sometimes takes weeks of work, but a kid could solve it in a few minutes. I'm always impressed with puzzles that are simple to solve but elaborate as well. A good one to try even if you can't get to find the cache itself.

However, BrainBuster is a real brain buster: quite an early version of this type of thing too.