Beware Of Trades With Cav Scout

Kealia

I've no other choice but to post here since about 1/2 a dozen emails as well as two PM's to him have gone unanswered in the past two weeks.

Oddly enough he's been on this site MANY times since then - his last post as recent as 20 minutes before I posted this!

Summary

• He and I agreed to trade items via mail
  • I sent mine off (shotglass and Idaho geocoin)
  • I never received his (coin + wooden nickles) although I received many other trades and all my other mail in the meantime
  • I contacted him to ask if mine got overlooked since I was never listed online in his thread as having been sent
  • He agreed to send mine back after about 3 weeks

• He emailed me on 4/14 to ask for my address (thought he'd have it from the original mailing...)
  • I have yet to see that show up either (again, other trades have arrived no problems)
  • Since then, 6 emails have been sent to him (directly and through this site) - NO REPLY
  • 2 PMs sent (one this morning - he's been back in the forums since then) and one 20 minutes ago - NO REPLY

At first I thought maybe he was on duty (Army I think) and that's why I got no replies, BUT then I saw that he's been online MANY times since I've been sending emails & PMs.

So I'm obviosuly being ignored and need to kiss those items goodbye.

Maybe the Idaho coin I sent replaced this one - guess I'm not the only one who's had trouble...

Having read both this and the linked thread (as it happened)...I find it so comforting (NOT) that this Cav Scout person is supposedly 'protecting us' from the bad guys...right... ;):D

Keep your personal feelings about the caliber of people who serve in the US MILITARY out of these theads, unless of course you would like to join and spend some time in a combat zone............NO I didnt think so. I know "this Cav Scout" person and can say I would trust him with my life before the vast majority of the people who post on these threads. I will get off my soap box and yes I'm sure I will be warned but when you attack one member of the US Armed Forces we all take it personal.

Keep your personal feelings about the caliber of people who serve in the US MILITARY out of these theads,

Agreed. Not the purpose of this thread as I have great respect for the military.

This is directed at ONE person and not a group.

Keep your personal feelings about the caliber of people who serve in the US MILITARY out of these theads, unless of course you would like to join and spend some time in a combat zone............NO I didnt think so.  I know "this Cav Scout" person and can say I would trust him with my life before the vast majority of the people who post on these threads.  I will get off my soap box and yes I'm sure I will be warned but when you attack one member of the US Armed Forces we all take it personal.

Don't speak for me. I don't take it personally at all. Of course, I'm no longer on active duty, either, so perhaps things have changed. Being a member of the military does not automatically confer respectability. You still have to earn it by being honest and respectful yourself, and your knee-jerk reactionary comments are exactly the sort of thing that cause non-veterans to make adverse, stereotypical judgements of veterans.

Until (and if ever) I meet the armed forces member in question, I'll reserve judgement on these matters. But people who've already earned my respect have weighed in and the balance is not initially good. His membership in the military has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter under discussion.

To sum up, don't speak for anyone but yourself, unless you're in a position to actually know what a half million current and former veterans think.

how much did these Idaho coins sell for??

Don't recall...maybe $5.00 or $6.00. What's that got to do with anything? :D

I'm just somewhat suprized at least two people have publically complained about having their coins disappear. I wondered what the monetary cost involved was, or if they were more just really ticked/injured that a fellow geocacher has apperently done them wrong ;)

I'm just somewhat suprized at least two people have publically complained about having their coins disappear. I wondered what the monetary cost involved was, or if they were more just really ticked/injured that a fellow geocacher has apperently done them wrong :D

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm not going to be kept up at night about the $10 or so that was lost ;) .

This is truly just a warning to others since it doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.

To sum up, don't speak for anyone but yourself, unless you're in a position to actually know what a half million current and former veterans think.

Yup. Sorry, Defender, I'm with Pasha on this one. As a former Marine, Allanon's post doesn't bother me at all. I've had plenty of military colleagues whom I wouldn't trust to properly tie a shoelace, let alone to protect my life.

Yup. Sorry, Defender, I'm with Pasha on this one. As a former Marine, Allanon's post doesn't bother me at all. I've had plenty of military colleagues whom I wouldn't trust to properly tie a shoelace, let alone to protect my life.

I'm so sorry I offended the "vets" That was not my intention, it was to simply say that not trading a geo-coin has nothing to do with someones ability to defend this nation or its people, but I will keep you guys in mind the next time I stick up for the military.

I'm so sorry I offended the "vets" That was not my intention, it was to simply say that not trading a geo-coin has nothing to do with someones ability to defend this nation or its people, but I will keep you guys in mind the next time I stick up for the military.

Hi Defender1,

I hear what you are saying, but Allanon was taking a swipe at the military, or anyone, other than a single individual. I believe this situation is solely about how one person conducts himself in trading with others. Nobody here is bashing the military at all.

Sorry this has happened to you, BUT indefense of CavScout, I have traded with him and had no problems getting what he told me he'd send.

As far as being able to reply to you and send what he said, if he is been deployed it might be impossible for him to to do that.

Just because he's being logged in on the site here doesn't mean he's where he can take care of trading your sig items in a timely manner.

Not saying this is what is happening but...

On the" not responding to the PM's", I'm not sure how the PM's work on this forum, but if you have a pop-up blocker on your browser, then he may not even know he's been PM'ed.

I know that was the case with me.

Unless you just purposely look at the "New Messages" thing at the top of the page there, you may not even know you have one.

I had gotten one from a member when I first posted my signature item and didn't realize it. Until LATE one night after exhausting every post that had been posted for the day, I started just clicking around to see what all else was on the forum site here.

Then I noticed that I had a "PM".

It had been sent almost 2 weeks before!!

I apologized to the sender when I replied and promply sent out my trade the next day.

D-man ;)

edit: I posted before reading anything past your opening post. So, I see CavScout is in the house here, maybe you can get some closure now. :D

Edited by gridlox
I do not see this thread going any where positive.

Personal disagreements between cachers should stay out of the forums. Take it private, please.

Right'O.

I've seen that y'all tried handling this in private but that didn't work out so well so you wanted to let everyone know. Now we all know and as mentioned in the quote, the forums are no place for this so take it back to the pm's or email please.