"system's Search Option"

AmericanCheese

When you submit a new cache, you are brought back to the edit page where it says "view listing". Scroll down to the section just past your cache description and click the link to view nearby caches. If any are closer than 0.1 miles, you need to go back and move yours.

You can also click on the Hide and Seek a Cache page. There are several options for you to enter search parameters, including by coordinates. This is helpful when placing a multicache and trying to make sure all stages are far enough from other caches to be listed.

Wow, thats a mouthful. B)

Not as big a mouthful as "Whosamawhatawha?"

It's always a good idea to look at the geocaching.com map for the area you're thinking about hiding in. You can get a feel for the likelihood that you're going to have proximity problems. In fact, that's a good way to look for hiding spots in the first place. Start with the map, look for "blank spots" and zoom in to see if there's any public park land in the area.

I've done two whole hides that way! :blink:

Here is a nifty link that I've seen a few reviewers post in a few threads.

I've only played with it a little but I find it can be very helpful. Input a set of co-ords and it's easy to check for nearest caches and such. Doing a multi? Use it for each leg.

You can view the cache location before you go through the trouble of placing it and writing the page to see if you're OK.

Like I said I've only toyed with it but I like it. (I like the lots of maps option myself)

Edited by wvcoalcat