Ever Stumble Upon A Couple In The Act?

We considered a potential cache location but whilst talking in the bar with a local policeman he advised against it! because.....

the area we were considering is locally known as "monkey island" by the police due to the frequent visits by men looking for other men at night!

Weren't sure this was the kind of FTF suprise cachers would want!

EDITED:

Removed the story for the time being. I kinda agree with monimoni now that i think about it....

For those that got to read it....Have a laugh....For those that didnt...It wasnt that important anyways...

Monimoni, thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by WVski

I dunno....do y'all really think this is appropriate subject matter for the open forums, where anyone (or their kid) just wandering by with a curiosity about geocaching might inadvertently wander into this thread.....don't you all think a coversation with this level of "familiarity" , might be better moved off the front porch, and back into the off-topic forum....?

just a thought......

Is there a no-kids policy in the off topics forum? What is to prevent them from seeing this thread there?

Perhaps a better question is: What can we teach our children on how to appropriate react when they do come upon people acting inappropriately??

Well not while Geocaching, but I was out hiking with some friends by Big Beaver (yes thats the name of the river) i was ahead of my buds, came around the bend of the trail and at the horse camp there were 2 women naked sunning themselves. The 2 sunning looked at me as I walked up, said "Hi nice day out huh", I looked down at them and said "well its gotten much better now, btw theres some other people comming up behind me" they got dressed and that was the end of that

I didn't see the old topic referenced that I commented on, so here's my experience.

My wife and I were geocaching and as we were searching for the container we could hear some rustling in some very thick foliage. After walking around it a couple times trying to figure out what was going on we finally gave up and went back to our cache search. Shortly thereafter two disheveled people appeared from nowhere and walked back to the nearby parking lot. The man jumped in his pickup and the woman in her vehicle and they took off in separate locations.

Curious, we returned to the spot and I discovered an "entrance" to the foliage. Inside (I kid you not) was an actual bed that was covered with plastic to keep it from getting wet when "not in use." There was even a makeshift table and chairs nearby. I slowly backed out of the love nest and still laugh at the strangeness of humans.

And you didn't hide a micro under the mattress? Shame....

That would have been perfect!! Can't you just see the cacher's face? :ph34r:

We went caching and fond the remnents of something. A air mattress deflated a ripped up tent and that not the weird thing. Next to all that was a rubbermaid container with about 4 or 5 used lotion bottles and some clothing articles. All the sites you see in the woods, oh, and the cache was muggled.

Or maybe that was...no it couldn't be. :D:mad:B):wub:B)

Is there a no-kids policy in the off topics forum? What is to prevent them from seeing this thread there?

Perhaps a better question is: What can we teach our children on how to appropriate react when they do come upon people acting inappropriately??

actually, you're missing my point, and I apologize for not being more clear.

ANYONE with access to an internet portal, for instance kids at their local library or at their school computer lab, can wander into and read through the threads posted in the open forums at this site, without having to pay a membership fee. Therefore, as a "responsible" member of the greater community, and recognizing that it takes a village to raise a child, shouldn't we geocachers be a bit more discrete and selective in the subject matter that we post or discuss in our open forums? I mean, wouldn't it be a shame if this website was added to the "blocked access list" by the local library or local school board, based on the fact that our open access forums exercise no discretion in the subject matter that's allowed? Especially since we apparently promote geocaching, and this website, as a fun family-orited activity?

Now, as far as the "back room" forums, for members only, then yes, I agree that more of the burden should fall onto parents to monitor what activities their kids are engaging in, and exposed to. And the fact that it requires a paid membership (and kids or others may not even know the off-topic even exists, without joining...), I think allows an even higher level of parental control (since someone's going to have to allow their credit card to be used for the payment). And yes, if parents at that point don't exercise more control over how their money, or their kids allowance, is being spent....then yes, we can't be held responsible if a kid wanders into the "back room" of our off-topic forum and gets an earful...

I mean, adults just should know better, and that the "front porch" (i.e. our open access forums) is a place for more politeness, civility, and discretion.

but, that's just my opinion.....

I don't believe we can be rosponsible for kids running into anything on the internet. Kids shouldn't be on the net unsupervised. I'm not these childrens' parents, either are you, Jeremy, or this site.

This is a pretty wholesome thread, despite the subject matter. [rant deleted]

Caught a pair just yesterday at "Stair8," GCMQEZ:

May 7 by joefrog (767 found)

Hah! Great hide! Very clever placement. Only one car around on the entire top, and I apologize to the guy and his "cunning linguist" friend in the car for the interruption. But, I have to say that the look on the topless girl's face in that car was priceless, LOL. Turns out after all that "excitement" I didn't have a pen with me, so I had to scrub the cache log against a rusty spot on a nearby pipe as proof I was there. Ooops...

:)

I don't believe we can be rosponsible for kids running into anything on the internet. Kids shouldn't be on the net unsupervised. I'm not these childrens' parents, either are you, Jeremy, or this site.

This is a pretty wholesome thread, despite the subject matter. [rant deleted]

last post for me here, but I will try to clarify my point yet one more time

it's not about me, you, Jeremy, or anyone else's opinion about whether parents are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

It's about the pragmatic reality of the situation, and the potential consequences of not acknowledging that reality:

Yes, Parents (or guardians) of children, have primary responsibility for growing those children (i.e. for optimizing the actualization of their potential social, moral, intellectual, physical, and other development). Parents by necessity invest and share some of their "implicit authority" into certain of those social institutions that also assume some responsibility for the development of their kids. For instance, school boards and school administrators, administrators and oversight bodies of local libraries, etc. These are places where it is simply not feasible for every child to receive constant one-on-one monitoring of their activities, such as which websites they might visit. Therefore, by necessity, schools and libraries that provide for kids open portal access to the internet, often resort to more cost-efficient and time-efficient "supervision solutions", such as purchasing software, hardware blocks, index and listing services, or whatever, that scan the internet, identify websites that are "questionable", and provide in some form a product, service, or list, that allows schools and libraries to block access to websites identified with "smut content". And schools and libraries will lean toward more conservative and restrictive blocking, rather than more liberal open access (because it's easier for them to implement and defend a tighter restriction). THAT is the reality.

I don't care how you define smut, or whether you agree with the above described process relative to parental control, it doesn't matter. What matters is that this is the REALITY of how the world works, and so I repeat: "Wouldn't it be a shame if geocaching.com ended up on a list of blocked access websites, because some scanner of websites (whether a person or automated program) picked up some "questionable content" in an open-access scan of these open forums?"

Therefore, as a "responsible" member of the greater community, and recognizing that it takes a village to raise a child,

I've seen the village and don't want them raising my child.

No? you don't want to allow your kid into this open forum thread and let us "adult villagers" casually "educate" them about, what are we calling this adult subject matter, "geo-coitus interruptus"....?

:unsure:

nope, can't say as I blame ya - I wouldn't allow a kid in this thread either......and I have every respect for school or library boards that might feel the same way.....

LOL!!!

Actually, yes. About twenty years ago while hiking up a side canyon off a state highway. And what is most surprising is the guy said he was finished and asked if I wanted her. She looked at me and nodded it was OK!!

I passed on the opportunity.

Maybe it's just my cynical outlook on things, but I think you made the wise choice... :unsure: