How Dense Is Your Area?

About a year ago we asked how many caches you had within a 25 radius of your home. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=68355&hl=

Having just read jochta's "too many caches" thread I thought it might serve as an indicator of expansion to compare last years figures to this years.

So for us we had 270 last year and as of today it now stands at 518 from our South Bedfordshire location which almost double in 12 months!!

If you were around last year and did reply to the thread have a look and see how it compares.

If you weren't around or didn't reply ... how many caches do you have within a 25 mile radius from your home??

280 around my base in North Cheshire- so it looks as though we still have a long way before we reach saturation compared to some...

293 from our base in northwich cheshire and i agree with pieman, still room for more, :laughing:

we even have local caches placed in the middle of the mersey estuary :laughing:

111 here in Oswestry, Northern Shropshire. I'm actually surprised at the number. I thought it would be higher. Oh well, always a bit of room for a couple more :laughing:

This time last year the figure was approximately 35.

So we have seen over a threefold increase over the year

Martin & Lynn :laughing:

Edited by Team Maddie UK

507 (6.1% OF UK total :laughing: ) here in Oxford, sorry no figures for last year.

edit

Using filters on GSAK i get a figure of 199 but that can only be an approximate figure as it does not include caches that have been archived in the last year.

Even including ALL archived caches it is still only 256

Edited by Phillimore Clan
260 a year ago, now there are 516 so it's almost doubled. I gave up trying to clear up the closest ones a long time ago. The nearest is only a mile away and I could walk to it easily but I have no real inclination to do so B)

I wish I had nearly 1000 caches and could pick and choose John! If one gets put near me I'm there faster than a rat up a drainpipe!

Such wide variations...

There are 164 caches within 25 miles.

Discounting the ones we own, have found and are currently unavailable (some for a considerable amount of time!), there are only 26 we haven't yet found.

I don't think that's anywhere near saturation point.

280 around my base in North Cheshire- so it looks as though we still have a long way before we reach saturation compared to some...

293 from our base in northwich cheshire and i agree with pieman, still room for more, :blink:

we even have local caches placed in the middle of the mersey estuary B)

Well, it's a little distance away in reality... :lol:

From Aylesbury in Bucks

2005: 587, of which 71 (12%) are mine.

2004: 296, of which 29 (10%) are mine.

I'm lucky enough to have a whopping 296 within 25 miles of my home in Aylesbury, 29 of which are my own. For reasons of practicality I've set 25 miles as my limit from home for placing physical caches, although I have a two-part virtual in London on the Isle of Dogs and Greenwich, linked by an odd walk.

Of those I've done 68 physical caches of one sort or another, plus 3 virtual and 9 reverse/locationless. Beyond the 25 mile limit, I've done a micro and virtual in London, a webcam in Wilts and a couple of traditionals up hills in Glos. As I'm totting these up I still seem to be missing two, but it's rather late and my brain is a bit foggy. I don't suppose it really matters....

SP

Then: 87ish caches.

Now: 403 cachea.

It's not just hides that are on a rapid 'up', it's finds too B)

SP

Within 25 miles?

Apr 2004 - 2 caches

Apr 2005 - 9 caches - (88.9% mine(8)) 2 of which are disabled

450% increase in one year!

We have to wonder just what's going on up there :D Do you hide them and then try to forget where you put them so you can go and find them again lol

:anibad::smile::unsure:;)

Regards,

Martin & Lynn

Don't know how many there was last year but this year in West Wales within 25miles from home .... a whopping.....

23 caches (1 is ours).

I'm amazed by how many there are in some places - over 500 within 25 miles. - You would hardly need to drive anywhere!

Edited by ttTom

There are now 179 caches within a 25 mile radius from my house in south Staffs.

When I started caching last August, there were just over 1900 caches within a 100 mile radius. There are now 2963, so that's about an extra 1000 caches placed within 8 months.

Pretty good going I think ;)

293 from our base in northwich cheshire and i agree with pieman, still room for more, :(

we even have local caches placed in the middle of the mersey estuary :(

I agree with Bargee

I too live in Northwich, and we are surrounded by stunning Cheshireccountryside, much of which is begging for a cache!

I don't think we've got too many caches, I think between Pieman and us, we can get a few more good puzzle caches out there!!! :D

More surprising to me was how many caches there are since we started less than two years ago (first cache found on 20 Sep 2003).

Then there were just 29 caches within 25km of home (south Oxon)

Now there are 169!!

Nearly 600% increase in 20 months :(