Only The Best Will Do

So far, my vote for most amazing cache goes to a virtual out in the below-sea-level hot desert of the Imperial Valley in California.

It is called Salvation Mountain and is beyond description. Even photographs don't do this painted monument justice.

It is written up on the Roadside America website where they include several photographs.

CANILsalvation20.jpg

Another favorite cache was "The way it was as a natural desert" (GCADD8) out in the desert near Yucca Valley. The surrounding area is untouched and the vegetation remarkable for an area called a "desert."

My favorite cache is still this one Kotla by Speedstar

Has everything I like about a cache.

- A great hike with a bit of scrambling in a very impressive scenery.

- Rocks, a canyon and a creek with aquamarine-colored water

- No long search for the cache once you reach the hiding place

You can see the stone cairn hiding the cache from 300 feet away, but still have to do an interesting traverse to reach it.

...I'll submit mine tonight.

Is it tonight already? So, I guess I got distracted.

-------

My favorite is becoming more difficult to decide as there are so many great caches. However, my best to date would have to be Wait Until Dark by Chuguy..

This cache is one of the few 'Night Only' caches which adds to the challenge. There is a good amount of hiking (not too much and not too little) with some noteworther elevation change. The view is breath taking and the adventure was original (and clever too). There is at least one aspect of this cache that commands your full attention making this a perfect hunt for the whole family.

If you're anywhere in the SF Bay Area, this is a 'Must Hunt' IMHO.

-------

Thanks to all the other cachers that have and will be adding their log to this thread.