Feeder Caches

M-T-P

I know I've heard of these either on these forums or from some random website, but I can't seem to locate info about them again.

Does anyone know where I can find information or examples of feeder caches? What I mean by feeder cachers is a larger container full of ready-to-hide smaller containers to help get more caches placed in an area where few exist.

I think the term you want is "breeder cache."

Breeder Cache – A cache that has a logging requirement placed on it by the owner, that requires the cache finder to place a new cache of their own, in order to log a find on the original cache. In some cases, a breeder cache may contain smaller cache containers inside, for the finders to use. Some look at breeder caches as a way to promote the placement of new caches in sparse areas. Others see them as encouraging the placement of poorly conceived “junk” caches, just to satisfy the logging requirement. Sometimes known as a “Seed Cache”.

I put a film canister in a new cache I placed. It had a log paper rolled up inside.

The FTF cacher took that instead of the two brand new AA batteries. ;)

Look for key words ''Mommy Cache'' or ''Pregnant''. At least that's the terms used around these parts. You can also find them by chance. I think it's funny to leave baby caches in micros that are too small to even have a pencil. Think... pico cache. [Evil Laughter]

One more effort to find one. Ask the local cachers (perhaps on their local forum or local web site). If none of that works, place one yourself. ;)

A feeder cache is any cache with a hamster in it. Geocachers in my area always remember to bring along some fresh cedar chips and seeds if they aren't planning on trading.

Lets hope these are in high-traffic areas and the hamster gets fresh shavings, food and water often!

:D;):)